FM Acoustics, meet Manuel Huber, hear a Gold Show Award winning system.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
great stuff!!! thanks for posting!

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Excellent Video --thank you-- the Brand is to the forefront in Asia.

BruceD

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Outstanding rendition of Nublado, even from this vantage point. FM-A never fails to impress me with their sound, but don't like looking inside the box that much

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Great vid ! Pls keep them coming.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Great video. FM Acoustics and Manuel Hubert are part of the high end culture since long, it was great to listen to him.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
First i found this thread was on the first and found MA recordings in Japan my better half ordered them for me and her. 2 records for me 4 cds for her they came this morning 7 days from Japan. Hard to believe that fast from so far away . They sound great total price for one double album and one 45 rpm album and four cds with shipping 200 bucks that is as good as it gets if you like the music.

Peter I owe you a beer if we ever meet yes Gary you get a beer to

ouch. now you know where to get them direct next time.

anyone else get a noisy copy? the 33 has lots of ticks...kinda ticked me off considering the price. I haven't played the 45 yet.

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
ouch. now you know where to get them direct next time.

anyone else get a noisy copy? the 33 has lots of ticks...kinda ticked me off considering the price. I haven't played the 45 yet.

My Sera Un Noche 45 came with plenty of pops and ticks in the beginning; didn't contact Todd

ack

May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
What does this have to do with obvious pressing issues causing these ticks and pops?

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Todd is now in Asia, but asked me to convey this message to you.

He knows about the clicks and pops, and even tried cleaning each and every record from the first pressings before selling them. But unfortunately, it is not that he was trying to save money. QRP makes the most expensive pressings, and they were still noisy. The newest 45rpm copies are from QRP and he does still have issues with them. He brought copies to Marcel Croese (who designs for Goldmund) and while the first play was noisy, it was a big improvement after he manually cleaned. Unfortunately, the records need to be cleaned, and cleaned well before the first play. It may be that with the resolution of play back systems now so high, all records need cleaning before playback.

I don't know if the test pressings and early pressings that Todd gave me are indeed free from clicks and pops. As a rule, I clean new records before first play. I use an enzymatic fluid with a Nitty Gritty, and then the Klaudio. But, my copies are all quiet and pristine......

One thing that helps a lot in my experience is that if an LP has clicks and pops, I will play it through, and immediately clean it in the Klaudio before putting it away.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing