Roxy Music - the high road

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I posted this on the Hot Pressings thread but I want to give it a dedicated shout out.

the high road is a 4-song Live EP recorded at the Apollo in Glasgow, Scotland on August 30, 1982.

1. Can't Let Go
2. My One and Only Love
3. Like A Hurricane
4. Jealous Guy

This may be one of the best domestic pressings I own of any genre. It just blows my mind.

Find a copy if you don't already have one.......you'll thank me! :)

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
I posted this on the Hot Pressings thread but I want to give it a dedicated shout out.

the high road is a 4-song Live EP recorded at the Apollo in Glasgow, Scotland on August 30, 1982.

1. Can't Let Go
2. My One and Only Love
3. Like A Hurricane
4. Jealous Guy

This may be one of the best domestic pressings I own of any genre. It just blows my mind.

You should get a copy of this, as it is very good (assuming it's available as an LP, and I'm not train-wrecking the thread):

Bryan Ferry Jazz Age.jpg

I saw and heard quite a few bands at the old Apollo in Glasgow.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA

1. Can't Let Go
2. My One and Only Love
3. Like A Hurricane
4. Jealous Guy

Thanks, John. I'm a big Roxy Music fan....but don't own too much of their stuff. I'll look for this one.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thanks Mike! It's definitely available on vinyl and I'll look for it locally first.

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
Thanks Mike! It's definitely available on vinyl and I'll look for it locally first.

It's all old time jazz (like you hear in Woody Allen movies) versions of their songs. I was in a bookstore when I heard some old jazz, and I recognized the tune, which I thought was odd, seeing as I didn't know much old jazz. It was "Love Is The Drug."

Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2LhVazAFGY

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
It's all old time jazz (like you hear in Woody Allen movies) versions of their songs. I was in a bookstore when I heard some old jazz, and I recognized the tune, which I thought was odd, seeing as I didn't know much old jazz. It was "Love Is The Drug."

Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2LhVazAFGY

I love 1920's sound......thx!:D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing