audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
I think Tidal speakers probably have the best finishes . Awesome

Last edited:

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Agree with you that the finishes of Tidal are awesome. Have not seen a more elaborate finish than on my Tidal Sunray T1 pyramided mahogany speakers. For those who are interrested: please see The pictures of my speakers on the Tidal website. But even more importantly: although not easy to set them up properly, ones this has been done they are mighty impressive loudspeakers to listen to as well.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just so I get this straight....is this a 2nd generation Contriva speaker...and the X-Tender is basically a subwoofer that runs in parallel, perhaps some kind of custom crossover? So this is basically like those gigantic 4-speaker system (IRS, Sunray T-1, Pendragon, Genesis, etc)...but shorter/smaller like a Genesis 2?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
No I have not. I am very familiar with the Contriva Diacera though, the former model that I liked a lot. So I do not know how 'big' they sound and whether they can compete with the large four box systems like eg my Genesis 1.1 loudspeakers. Probably I will give them a listen in the near future when I will audition the Tidal La Assoluta speakers. Of course the latter will play at a completely different level. Btw, the Tidal LA can (also) be ordered with their (own) X-tenders (or woofer towers if you will). Saw pictures of the Tidal LA X-tenders and they look very impressive indeed.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
No I have not. I am very familiar with the Contriva Diacera though, the former model that I liked a lot. So I do not know how 'big' they sound and whether they can compete with the large four box systems like eg my Genesis 1.1 loudspeakers. Probably I will give them a listen in the near future when I will audition the Tidal La Assoluta speakers. Of course the latter will play at a completely different level. Btw, the Tidal LA can (also) be ordered with their (own) X-tenders (or woofer towers if you will). Saw pictures of the Tidal LA X-tenders and they look very impressive indeed.

The LA-X...as in Los Angeles International Airport...because you'll need an airport hangar to play them in! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the LA and LA-X!

wizard

Oct 17, 2010
wizard-highend.blogspot.com

A review of Contriva Diacera SE, Preos and Impulse.

Reactions: coolblue

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
A whole lot of system in a small space. Ooofda...

John

I notice inter alia Tidal and Trinity. Am I wrong to conclude that this is the (private) system of the editor of the (Hong Kong) magazine Audio Technique?

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
I notice inter alia Tidal and Trinity. Am I wrong to conclude that this is the (private) system of the editor of the (Hong Kong) magazine Audio Technique?
Spot on !

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Very happy to day with the arrival of my Contriva G2.
Right out of the box it plays amazingly well. Much better than my Tidal Piano Cera. Can't imagine it after burned in.

IMG_4253.jpg

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Very happy to day with the arrival of my Contriva G2.
Right out of the box it plays amazingly well. Much better than my Tidal Piano Cera. Can't imagine it after burned in.

View attachment 22044

As always they look beautiful. What kind of wood did you opt for? I am glad to read that the Tidal contriva G2 sounds 'right out of the box' already impressive. But I believe I already predicted this in one of my earlier comments. And you (indeed) better believe it: they will get a whole lot better. My Tidal LA's are still improving after about 400 hours. So congrats and enjoy!

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
As always they look beautiful. What kind of wood did you opt for? I am glad to read that the Tidal contriva G2 sounds 'right out of the box' already impressive. But I believe I already predicted this in one of my earlier comments. And you (indeed) better believe it: they will get a whole lot better. My Tidal LA's are still improving after about 400 hours. So congrats and enjoy!

Thank you, Audiocrack. Those are Mahogany wood.

P.s. Sorry for my English. I meant immediatly out of the box. :))

Last edited:

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
With country do you live in?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing