Top Hi-Res Files

lyapounov

Feb 26, 2016
Hello all
my first post.. ;-)

So, a list for me of superb HD albums (all bought on Qobuz, sometimes HDtracks)
- Roger Waters - Amused to death 24/96 one of my favorite
- Bachar Mar-Khalifé - Ya Balad 24/48 an amazing music and a superb recording
- Prokofiev Piano works by Abdel Rahman El Bacha 24/88
- Brad Meldhau - 10 years solo live 24/44
- Hildegard von Bingen : Vox cosmica by Arianna Savall 24/96 the daughter of Jordi Savall, a superb voice
- Los Pajaros Perdidos - Christina Pluhar 24/88
- What Was Said - Tord Gustavsen 24/96 (generally speaking all ECM recording are superb)

Etc... I realize I must stop; I have over 3K albums. Even some traditional 16/44 are beautifully recorded (Mozart piano works by Barenboim, as an example)

Alpinist

Jun 17, 2014
USA
Here are my top high res. files:

Jimmy Cobb - Jazz in the Key of Blue (192/24 WAV)
Ken Barron / Dave Holland - The Art of Conversation (96/24 WAV)
Ben Webster / Oscar Peterson - Ben Webster Meets Oscar Peterson (192/24 WAV)
Ella Fitzgerald - Sings the Duke Ellington Songbook (192/24 WAV)
Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus (192/24 WAV)
Stan Getz / Charlie Byrd - Jazz Samba (192/24 WAV)
Stan Getz - Getz / Gilberto (192/24 WAV)
Mile Davis - Kind of Blue (Stereo) (192/24 WAV)
Crosby, Stills & Nash - Crosby, Stills & Nash (96/24 WAV)
Crosby, Still & Nash - Daylight Again (192/24 WAV)
Paul Simon - Graceland (96/24 WAV)
Mahler - Symphony No. 2 in C Minor - Ivan Fischer (192/24 FLAC)
Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture - Erich Kunzel (176/24 WAV)

Ken

Oscar Peterson - Night Train (96/24 FLAC)
Norah Jones - Come Away With Me (DSD 64)

Ken

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Hello all
my first post.. ;-)

So, a list for me of superb HD albums (all bought on Qobuz, sometimes HDtracks)
- Roger Waters - Amused to death 24/96 one of my favorite
- Bachar Mar-Khalifé - Ya Balad 24/48 an amazing music and a superb recording
- Prokofiev Piano works by Abdel Rahman El Bacha 24/88
- Brad Meldhau - 10 years solo live 24/44
- Hildegard von Bingen : Vox cosmica by Arianna Savall 24/96 the daughter of Jordi Savall, a superb voice
- Los Pajaros Perdidos - Christina Pluhar 24/88
- What Was Said - Tord Gustavsen 24/96 (generally speaking all ECM recording are superb)

Etc... I realize I must stop; I have over 3K albums. Even some traditional 16/44 are beautifully recorded (Mozart piano works by Barenboim, as an example)
Congratulations on your first post. Don't stop, just take your time. You have three-thousand albums. That's very impressive.

APP

Oct 1, 2014
Hi,

One it's no trouble...just the click of a button for me. Two, yes on sound quality...I am guessing it the differing digital filtering...not the bit to bit making the key difference...

Ok, thanks.

APP

Oct 1, 2014
I like the whole album, but particularly the first track - "Elvis Presley Blues". I'm glad to hear that Amir was able to acquire the Sound Liaison recordings, as they are superb.

For me it is track 6 as well, if I had to choose only one song, but the whole album is superb.

APP

Oct 1, 2014
Miles Davis; In A Silent Way; HD tracks 176kHz/24bit, very impressive.
http://www.hdtracks.com/in-a-silent-way-260432

Kefas

May 21, 2014
I had not realized how well in a ''Silent way'' was recorded, it truly stands the test of time.

APP

Oct 1, 2014
Sound Liaison DXD

On the http://www.soundliaison.com/ they mention that they have started to record in DXD and direct to tape.
they mention a new direct to tape recording with Carmen Gomes but it is a bit unclear if it was done simultaneously to DXD as well. Anyhow exciting news.

I bought a few of these yesterday from Sound Liaison. On sale 10 euros each right now. I had Impromptu (DSD64) Bought Road to Memphis, Bach Reflections and one other in the native PCM format it was recorded in. I'm up sampling the PCM to DXD for playback...

Excellent sound quality and very interesting music !
Is that worth the trouble to up sample to DXD when the PCM file is a one to one copy of the master file?
Hi, One it's no trouble...just the click of a button for me. Two, yes on sound quality...I am guessing it the differing digital filtering...not the bit to bit making the key difference...
Another superb sounding recording from Sound Liaison - Paul Berner Band's "Road to Memphis". This one was recorded live in 24/96 PCM, so I'd recommend that over the DSD conversion.

It is the same problem in that both ways Paypal is handling the payment.

That said, I bought their whole library with money I had leftover in my paypal account from something I had sold a couple of years ago :).

I like the whole album, but particularly the first track - "Elvis Presley Blues". I'm glad to hear that Amir was able to acquire the Sound Liaison recordings, as they are superb.

I owe you guys for these great recommendations. Really nice well recorded music. It has expanded my taste in music which has been a pleasant surprise.

+2
What is so wonderfull about their reordings is the sense of depth, regardless of the style of music being played. the 2 new albums are completely different but yet the sound is so clearly Sound Liaison.

source;http://www.soundliaison.com/

+5:) That is one of those albums that kind of keep growing and getting better and better;

Last edited:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I bought a few of these yesterday from Sound Liaison. On sale 10 euros each right now. (...)

Just one financial detail - do you pay the European VAT when buying and downloading from the US?

Migo

Aug 10, 2013
Paul Berner -Sound Liaison 33% off

The download is on sale at the moment 33% off.
Another superb sounding recording from Sound Liaison - Paul Berner Band's "Road to Memphis". This one was recorded live in 24/96 PCM, so I'd recommend that over the DSD conversion.

+1
track 6 ; the Colonel, is worth the whole album.

+5:) That is one of those albums that kind of keep growing and getting better and better;

yep I like it so much I bought the DSD as well:) So +6 that is.

I owe you guys for these great recommendations. Really nice well recorded music. It has expanded my taste in music which has been a pleasant surprise.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Hans Theessink & Terry Evans - Visions

This is a excellent MQA remaster.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Just one financial detail - do you pay the European VAT when buying and downloading from the US?

I don't think so...nothing seems to be added to the price. (unless that VAT is built into the displayed price on purchase ??)

APP

Oct 1, 2014
A new classic is born

It is a fantastic album download. Carmen Gomes and the blues is a wonderful combination. And sound engineer Frans de Rond has surpassed himself in sound quality. Each instrument stands out and blends perfectly. I dare say a new classic is born.
http://www.soundliaison.com/

Yes, I think so too. It is of course difficult to say with the album still so fresh but I believe this will stand the test of time.

Kefas

May 21, 2014
It is a fantastic album download. Carmen Gomes and the blues is a wonderful combination. And sound engineer Frans de Rond has surpassed himself in sound quality. Each instrument stands out and blends perfectly. I dare say a new classic is born.
http://www.soundliaison.com/

It is indeed fantastic.

Yes, I think so too. It is of course difficult to say with the album still so fresh but I believe this will stand the test of time.

There is less than a week to go of the generous introduction offer.

APP

Oct 1, 2014
I believe that VAT has to be displayed separately on the bill.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing