Analog-Audio master tapes (Lutz Precision), another RTR and LP software player

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
If you remember reading Mike Fremer's article from the Munich Show, talking about the Oscar Peterson 6 box tapes?

Well these guys have them, apart from the others tapes they have released too.

http://analog-audio.eu/en/master_tapes

They also have the Oscar Peterson 6LP box set with a special promotion EP (not available for individual sale) in it, which is limited to the first 250 LP sets.

2014-05-15 10.00.17.jpg 2014-05-15 09.59.54.jpg 2014-05-15 09.59.36.jpg

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Anybody had any contact or recent deliveries from these guys? I ordered two Oscar Peterson tapes over the summer and only received one. When I contacted them they said that this was their error and that the second tape would be shipped in two weeks as they were having a problem with their dubbing deck. That was the last I heard and I can't get a response to multiple emails at different addresses.

Any ideas? I had planned to order the entire set over a few months due to cost but they seem lost to contact.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Thanks for the link i am gonna check it out , it seems like these guys bought them all , looks familiar STUDER B 62 :D
Does this link work it doesnt seem so ?? mine has the VU Meters :D

the short cut: http://www.analogarts.net/

I bought my studer B 62 from a hobbiest who liked to make his own recordings , his stuff was all put up for sale when he passed away , this is a recording he made on the studer ,so that makes it a mastertape very good recorders imo apart from some noise , i recorded it with a cheap camera which has some noise from its own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ShUwF8_Eu0

DSC_0022 by andromeda61, on Flickr

Last edited:

alexz

Jan 11, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Anybody had any contact or recent deliveries from these guys? I ordered two Oscar Peterson tapes over the summer and only received one. When I contacted them they said that this was their error and that the second tape would be shipped in two weeks as they were having a problem with their dubbing deck. That was the last I heard and I can't get a response to multiple emails at different addresses.

Any ideas? I had planned to order the entire set over a few months due to cost but they seem lost to contact.

===========
I've ordered 2 Peterson's tape and received in a few weeks. No issues with order or communication.

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Alex,

When did you order? I too received (half of) my order promptly. Now no response to many! emails.

alexz

Jan 11, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Alex,

When did you order? I too received (half of) my order promptly. Now no response to many! emails.

Hi Asamel,
Payap transaction dated May26, tapes have tape 05/06. I got the tapes sometime in Mid/end of June.
We've excanged a few emails before the order and after, communications was OK.
Not sure what is going on now. Hope you will get your tapes.
On the other tape related topic, we were attending last weekend concert at Ed's (ultraanalogue Recordings) place by Xiang Yu / Yun-Yang Lee. If Ed will decide to release tapes of this performance, it will be another one to get.

Cheers,
Alex

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Ed's tapes are always wonderful!

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
What is the cost of their tapes? There are no prices on their website.

===========
I've ordered 2 Peterson's tape and received in a few weeks. No issues with order or communication.

How do the tapes sound ? I am interested, thanks

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I bought the set of 6 last year plus a couple of the classical tapes they offered. I think the sound great. I don't have the vinyl to compare however. I paid 2370 Euros last year, including shipping to the US for the 8 tapes (each 2 reels, 15ips 2track CCIR EQ). The Euro is cheaper now, so if the prices haven't changed you will save about 15+% from what I paid if you are paying in US dollars. I don't have the receipt in front of me, so the 2 classical tapes may have been a little cheaper than the Peterson tapes. When I bought them, the Euro was about $1.35, so I paid about $3200 for the 8 tapes.
Unlike Bruce, I didn't have any problem with delivery.

Larry

PS. Bruce if you are reading this, did you finally get your tape?

Feb 16, 2015
Norway
I have some sets from them (not OP...yet..) and they all sounds great! Some also on vinyl, in my system the tapes are superior even the fact that the LP`s sounds great. And I like that they make the original covers on them. Sometimes slow reply on e-mails but no problems regarding delivery. I have no problem recommend them. I will order more soon.

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Lost track of this thread. Got my tapes and ordered a few more. Worth the wait!

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
I did have to wait over two months but it did arrive and then a new tape order came promptly.

Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
listened to a couple of the OP tapes brought by jim.i on sunday evening and they sound excellent
did a silver rewire + metalcan opamp + motherboard recap job on his A810
btw the rewire was a bitch!
best
Leif

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing