SRA Turntable Platform

goldeneraguy

Dec 11, 2012
I use the SRA base beneath my turntable.Has any users of this base changed the supplied footers to something
that would seem more substantial ??
If so,what do you now use and what have you tried.
Enjoy

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I use the SRA base beneath my turntable.Has any users of this base changed the supplied footers to something
that would seem more substantial ??
If so,what do you now use and what have you tried.
Enjoy

I've stuck to what were provided as they are part of the isolation system.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
You could always try stillpoint's under the platform for comparison.

Actually years ago, I had Kevin build me a special platform that used Goldmund cones. In the end, the new feet he developedfar surpassed the performance of the Goldmund cones.

goldeneraguy

Dec 11, 2012
Thank you for the replies.The supplied feet work very well with the platform.I guess i'm the eternal tweeker that must take things a step further before realizing i'm going backwards

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Thank you for the replies.The supplied feet work very well with the platform.I guess i'm the eternal tweeker that must take things a step further before realizing i'm going backwards

some stillpoint dealers have a 30 day return. Music Direct comes to mind. Don't necessarily accept that the platform or speaker maker's for that matter have the best feet.

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Which SRA variant are you using? If it is the Ohio XL2 Square, I would say you are well off with what it comes with. Trying different feet may change the characteristics of the tone, but I doubt it would improve the performance drastically in soundstaging or imaging.
I use the above for my analog, digital and pre-amp and find them consistent in performance.

goldeneraguy

Dec 11, 2012
You could always try stillpoint's under the platform for comparison.

Years back I tried the original Stillpoints under a suspended Kuzma Stabi Reference Table,The results were not as good as using a Symposium Ultra platform.
My current turntable TW GT is not suspended and works well with the SRA platform.The feet below the platforrm look at least to me, something that could be improved on.Myles stated that he had tried something else but found it wasn't an improvement.Everything sounds great as is so I just may leave well enough alone.

pcosta

Jul 25, 2010
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
The feet in the SRA bases are attached to the isolating unit with in the base, so those must be used. All the good stuff that makes the SRA bases so effective is inside.

goldeneraguy

Dec 11, 2012
The feet in the SRA bases are attached to the isolating unit with in the base, so those must be used. All the good stuff that makes the SRA bases so effective is inside.
Hi Paul
I know the good stuff is inside but being the supplied feet are removable I was tempted to try something else beneath the SRA platform
'

goldeneraguy

Dec 11, 2012
asindc,No I didn't change the SRA supplied footers but I did change the feet on my TW turntable to the Black Night.Subtle but positive differences differences

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing