Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: SRA Turntable Platform

  1. #1

    SRA Turntable Platform

    I use the SRA base beneath my turntable.Has any users of this base changed the supplied footers to something
    that would seem more substantial ??
    If so,what do you now use and what have you tried.
    Enjoy

  2. #2
    Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member]
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,222
    Quote Originally Posted by goldeneraguy View Post
    I use the SRA base beneath my turntable.Has any users of this base changed the supplied footers to something
    that would seem more substantial ??
    If so,what do you now use and what have you tried.
    Enjoy
    I've stuck to what were provided as they are part of the isolation system.

  3. #3
    Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern NY
    Posts
    6,688
    You could always try stillpoint's under the platform for comparison.
    Christian

    System Gear

  4. #4
    Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member]
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,222
    Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    You could always try stillpoint's under the platform for comparison.
    Actually years ago, I had Kevin build me a special platform that used Goldmund cones. In the end, the new feet he developedfar surpassed the performance of the Goldmund cones.

  5. #5
    Thank you for the replies.The supplied feet work very well with the platform.I guess i'm the eternal tweeker that must take things a step further before realizing i'm going backwards

  6. #6
    Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! rockitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern NY
    Posts
    6,688
    Quote Originally Posted by goldeneraguy View Post
    Thank you for the replies.The supplied feet work very well with the platform.I guess i'm the eternal tweeker that must take things a step further before realizing i'm going backwards
    some stillpoint dealers have a 30 day return. Music Direct comes to mind. Don't necessarily accept that the platform or speaker maker's for that matter have the best feet.
    Christian

    System Gear

  7. #7
    Which SRA variant are you using? If it is the Ohio XL2 Square, I would say you are well off with what it comes with. Trying different feet may change the characteristics of the tone, but I doubt it would improve the performance drastically in soundstaging or imaging.
    I use the above for my analog, digital and pre-amp and find them consistent in performance.
    "The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in listening to music."

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rockitman View Post
    You could always try stillpoint's under the platform for comparison.
    Years back I tried the original Stillpoints under a suspended Kuzma Stabi Reference Table,The results were not as good as using a Symposium Ultra platform.
    My current turntable TW GT is not suspended and works well with the SRA platform.The feet below the platforrm look at least to me, something that could be improved on.Myles stated that he had tried something else but found it wasn't an improvement.Everything sounds great as is so I just may leave well enough alone.

  9. #9
    Senior Member pcosta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    193
    The feet in the SRA bases are attached to the isolating unit with in the base, so those must be used. All the good stuff that makes the SRA bases so effective is inside.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosta View Post
    The feet in the SRA bases are attached to the isolating unit with in the base, so those must be used. All the good stuff that makes the SRA bases so effective is inside.
    Hi Paul
    I know the good stuff is inside but being the supplied feet are removable I was tempted to try something else beneath the SRA platform
    '

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The importance of VTA, SRA and Azimuth - pics
    By ack in forum Calibration Devices
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 06-11-2015, 08:14 AM
  2. SRA Scuttle tips/feedback
    By kleinbje in forum Isolation Devices/ Stands
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 03:42 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 07:53 AM
  4. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 02:19 PM
  5. Acoustic absorption under a platform
    By phosforx in forum Art Noxon Hosts A Discussion Corner On Room Acoustics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 02:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •