Thread request from Ack... MUNICH 2014

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Magico in Munich, AVShowrooms has an exclusive interview and speaker walk through with Alon plus a separate listening session with several selections.

Also, we have a 4 person private session with Gryphon's Flemming Rasmussen, he talks about the system and plays demo tracks for us. Another exclusive is FM Acoustic's Manuel Huber, he has not attended a show in five years! We have over twenty minutes of video of this legendary designer.

Not to mention the Silbatone room with the giant Western Electric speakers and a system walk though and listening session with the speaker's owner.

AMAZING videos ( and teaser pics) coming soon.

like...

10349225_699842823405598_3877647213770714007_n.jpg

feduher

Nov 2, 2012
Magico in Munich, AVShowrooms has an exclusive interview and speaker walk through with Alon plus a separate listening session with several selections.

Also, we have a 4 person private session with Gryphon's Flemming Rasmussen, he talks about the system and plays demo tracks for us. Another exclusive is FM Acoustic's Manuel Huber, he has not attended a show in five years! We have over twenty minutes of video of this legendary designer.

Not to mention the Silbatone room with the giant Western Electric speakers and a system walk though and listening session with the speaker's owner.

AMAZING videos ( and teaser pics) coming soon.

like...

View attachment 15786

Silbatone and FM acoustics best sound in the show by far, Magico not good, and Gryphon spectacular sound, but without soul, how is posible that these two old companies -Silbatone, fma- are still the best sound? how it is posible that Voxatif with only one driver, paper cone....have soo exceptional sound? Really the hifi-electronics, not digital, and speakers, are better? they make news circuit designs? any new or we are doing circles?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Can this thread be moved to the Munich forum plz

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
Silbatone and FM acoustics best sound in the show by far, Magico not good, and Gryphon spectacular sound, but without soul, how is posible that these two old companies -Silbatone, fma- are still the best sound? how it is posible that Voxatif with only one driver, paper cone....have soo exceptional sound? Really the hifi-electronics, not digital, and speakers, are better? they make news circuit designs? any new or we are doing circles?

Seems you like several of the rooms we did. Cross referencing room ratings is good. FM Acoustics and Voxativ have been nominated for AVShowrooms awards.

feduher

Nov 2, 2012
Seems you like several of the rooms we did. Cross referencing room ratings is good. FM Acoustics and Voxativ have been nominated for AVShowrooms awards.

I don´t know what you liked, but for me also was very good to excellent Boenicke audio, these two small speakers delivered a natural sound, yes they don´t have a lot of bass, but the sound exceptional, TAD this year not so good as years before, and Living voice also among the 3 best with FMA and silbatone, sorry LV also a old technology speaker? we must to think if the news technologies give us better sound or only different

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Seriously?

Voxactiv was OK but definitely not best sound at the show...I guess I heard the FM acoustics (I went into every room) but it was so non-memorable I can't even tell you what it sounded like!

I am stunned that you have ignored the absolute best sound system at the show...bar none...and maybe the best ever assembled. I am talking about the Living Voice Vox Olympian/Elyssian + Kondo. Nothing else was even close. Shocking that you are ignoring it. Or what about the Blumenhofer + Allnic room? Wasn't nearly as good as the LV+Kondo (nothing was) but it was top 3 for sure. The Silbatone + old WE horns was impressive but clearly with a dated sound where the limitations are pretty obvious. What about the Wolf & Lange system or did you by chance hear the Ares Cerat system in a ground floor "box"?? All were far better than the Voxactiv demo. I went in that room expecting damn good sound because of the hype around their speakers and left wondering what the fuss is all about.

Peter Breuninger

Jul 20, 2010
I'll let you judge the Living Voice loudspeakers from the video. Then listen to the Voxativ video.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
I'll let you judge the Living Voice loudspeakers from the video. Then listen to the Voxativ video.

The VIDEO?? Peter I was there man! I sat for quite a while in both rooms...no contest not even a chance for the Voxactiv room. No realism, no scale...no chance.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing