Graditech cables

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The graditech speaker cables from Finland are pretty interesting, demoed them at the Munich hifi show. They have speaker endings in copper, stranded copper, and silver. You can use only one, or a combo of the three. Big differences. The silver is more open, I preferred it, except on bright recordings. Anyone experienced them in their own system?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
The graditech speaker cables from Finland are pretty interesting, demoed them at the Munich hifi show. They have speaker endings in copper, stranded copper, and silver. You can use only one, or a combo of the three. Big differences. The silver is more open, I preferred it, except on bright recordings. Anyone experienced them in their own system?

Have the phono and speaker cables here for review.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ok, will be interesting to know your thoughts

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Have been listening to these over two days now. The Copper is extremely smooth, but I prefer the Silver - more open, better extension at both ends, and image projects forwards. Copper can make harsh songs sound softer. I generally think the cables are rolling it off slightly at the top, because both opera and classical the extreme highs seem a bit rolled off. Very musical cables, draws me in to the music. My usual cables were Virtual Dynamics, I might slightly prefer Graditech, not sure of paying the premium for it though.

You can use copper, stranded copper, silver, mix and match, biwire, or put say, copper at the back of the silver and chain them up. Lots of play opportunities there, but if I were to get them, would probably use silver for most music

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Have been listening to these over two days now. The Copper is extremely smooth, but I prefer the Silver - more open, better extension at both ends, and image projects forwards. Copper can make harsh songs sound softer. I generally think the cables are rolling it off slightly at the top, because both opera and classical the extreme highs seem a bit rolled off. Very musical cables, draws me in to the music. My usual cables were Virtual Dynamics, I might slightly prefer Graditech, not sure of paying the premium for it though.

You can use copper, stranded copper, silver, mix and match, biwire, or put say, copper at the back of the silver and chain them up. Lots of play opportunities there, but if I were to get them, would probably use silver for most music

Did you play with different + and - configurations with the wires also?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
No I connected reds to the reds and so on. What do you mean by playing with + and -?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
No I connected reds to the reds and so on. What do you mean by playing with + and -?

You can choose any combo of the three wires on the positive or negative legs of the speaker cables. For instance say silver and solid core on the positive and copper stranded and solid core on the return leg.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I compared these to Audioquest K2. Preferred these in my system. More life and a bit more openness. K2s are more laid back. The good thing about them is I don't feel the bass through the floor like I do with Virtual Dynamics or a bit with Graditech

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Both Graditech and K2 outdid Crystal by a fair margin.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Did you play with different + and - configurations with the wires also?

This cable is being showcase at KLIAV 2014 now . Was told there are 49 different combinations . In other words, buy 1 speaker cable u get 49 different sounds

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing