Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: synergistic research tweaks

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!

synergistic research tweaks

Demoed the synergistic research tweaks at the Munich hifi show. They had a room where ask the following tweaks made a clear difference. Take the tweak out, and the loss of soundstage, lack of focus, and muddiness was very apparent
    1. HFT
    2. FEQ
    3. ECT - these are small things, retailing at 300 dollars for a pack of 8. You can put them on the chips inside a component, on the fuse, and ok the sending side of cables.
    4. The active isolation bases
    5. The black hole, which is a small black thing you can place between the speakers and functions as a bass trap.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member]
    Bonzo-You seem to be the perfect kind of guy for all of the tweak stuff that at first glance looks like it really couldn't do anything to affect the sound. You liked the resonators too based on your other post.

Oh it's all fun. I don't see the point of being in hifi to show how smart one is in physics on a forum. I love shun mooks too, and sold my stillpoints the day I heard their diamond resonators. A thread on the mooks on a British forum ran on for 25 pages. I was friendly throughout, the others screamed at each other, and then the mod deleted the thread. A thread saying " it's disappeared" then came up and went on for a few pages. Of those, only 3 people had actually demoed them.

Hope that doesn't happen here, so just as a disclaimer to all, please don't ask me to measure, I don't do that. Those interested should try.

As long as your having fun, that's all that matters.

Mods not sure how I posted this in turntables tweaks. Please move

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! GaryProtein's Avatar
    HA!

Maybe this IS the right place.

I'm sure in a week or two they will come out with a metal pencil eraser you stick someplace on the turntable that has some equally wild wild claims!

I wonder what magical color it will be.
    Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MEN220, MCD500, MR78-Modafferi modified, MPI4, MC602 (2), Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, boarded up fireplace, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-E, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2), NO TV!

[WBF Founding Member] Moderator RBFC's Avatar
    Moved.

Lee
    Lee Aldridge

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

http://www.fightingconcepts.com

I think Gary Protein has just set a new world record for the most negative comments on this and other forums about SR products, which he's never heard.

SR does several on/off demos of its products in all major audio shows, plus they have 30 day trial or money back for people to test at home. If skeptics still don't want to try, well, there is not much more they can do. Sure, skeptics will ask for measurements, but I understand SR doesn't want to do this because that would give away their technology to the competition. So that leaves the skeptics free to complain... oh well.

I have 3 packs of HFT, XOT and a FEQ installed in my system and they work great. The HFTs in the center help focusing the sound stage, while the ones installed around the room really help the ambiance of the music, seems like a 2 channel system sounds like surround sound in musics that have such ambiance - quite interesting. The FEQ is more a cumulative effect, it helps cleaning the sound, feels more natural, increases the bass a little bit. The XOTs also clean the entire range, giving more resolution to the music, and tightens up the bass a little bit. All together they are a significant upgrade, like changing cheap stock power cables to high end ones in a high end system - it really shows a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Matias View Post
    SR does several on/off demos of its products in all major audio shows, plus they have 30 day trial or money back for people to test at home. If skeptics still don't want to try, well, there is not much more they can do. Sure, skeptics will ask for measurements, but I understand SR doesn't want to do this because that would give away their technology to the competition. So that leaves the skeptics free to complain... oh well.

I have 3 packs of HFT, XOT and a FEQ installed in my system and they work great. The HFTs in the center help focusing the sound stage, while the ones installed around the room really help the ambiance of the music, seems like a 2 channel system sounds like surround sound in musics that have such ambiance - quite interesting. The FEQ is more a cumulative effect, it helps cleaning the sound, feels more natural, increases the bass a little bit. The XOTs also clean the entire range, giving more resolution to the music, and tightens up the bass a little bit. All together they are a significant upgrade, like changing cheap stock power cables to high end ones in a high end system - it really shows a lot more.
    Whether you believe in the SR tweaks or not, I think the above bolded sentence is nonsense. Before and after measurements are not going to "give away their technology to the competition." If the competition wanted the SR 'technology,' they would just sign up for the 30 day home trial and take those measurements "that would give away the technology." The real truth is that there may or may not be subtle differences between before and after measurements. The products are simply too small to have a large impact on measurements. Even if your listening room was inside an antique phone booth, I don't think you would see much difference in the before and after measurements.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast