Stillpoints Aperture Acoustic Panels

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Stillpoints Aperture Product

I had a canvas abstract painting hung on my front wall and considered dividing a hi-rez image of it into quadrants then having those reproduced. A different meaning to performance art, no? I cannot remember the name of the technology but it is not a stencil; it is a professional process and iirc somewhat time consuming to perform, involving test printing for color match and approval. I'm sure John can lay out the details.

Dye sublimation printing.

John

Hipper

Jun 12, 2011
Hertfordshire, UK
How are owners of these panels getting on with them over the last couple of months?

Did anyone take any measurements?

I only have experience with conventional room treatment, GIK products in my case. I'm happy with what they do for me and along with positioning and some careful digital EQ I like what I hear but there's always better isn't there!

Stillpoint's panels seem intriguing. The improvements reported on here sound similar to claims made for Leading Edge panels mentioned earlier, and perhaps Michael Green's approach to room treatment. They all seem to adopt a different approach to changing what we hear at our ears then GIK/Real Trap type products.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
How are owners of these panels getting on with them over the last couple of months?

Did anyone take any measurements?

I only have experience with conventional room treatment, GIK products in my case. I'm happy with what they do for me and along with positioning and some careful digital EQ I like what I hear but there's always better isn't there!

Stillpoint's panels seem intriguing. The improvements reported on here sound similar to claims made for Leading Edge panels mentioned earlier, and perhaps Michael Green's approach to room treatment. They all seem to adopt a different approach to changing what we hear at our ears then GIK/Real Trap type products.

Still loving mine...have not done measurements in a long while. Talk to Kog Audio (Fraser or Mark) and ask them...they're great as you may already know. Have not moved them since finding good placement either. Good luck.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Same here

Love them. I am not a measuring type. These panels are wonderful.

I look forward to every listening session although here in FL summers suck and there is little one can totally do to eliminate humidity, bad power and AC vent noise completely. Not my favorite "season" for listening BUT I will have to find a way!!

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Aperture Printing

I had a canvas abstract painting hung on my front wall and considered dividing a hi-rez image of it into quadrants then having those reproduced. A different meaning to performance art, no? I cannot remember the name of the technology but it is not a stencil; it is a professional process and iirc somewhat time consuming to perform, involving test printing for color match and approval. I'm sure John can lay out the details.

The printing method is "dye sublimation". Yes, test printing is done to color match the print to the submitted image. The print image can be applied to either the permanent front screen or the "inset" removable screen which is placed in front of the permanent front screen.

John

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
HOWEVER his curiosity might just get the better of him and ask the Stillpoints people for a demo of two stacked Apertures where he has his beautiful absorption panel between his two speakers. One never knows.

We offered to Steve an audition of the Aperture product and he respectfully declined due to the room already being treated.

John

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Aperture Printing Requirements & Pricing

Nice...I imagine Stillpoints can do this? I think the Distributor said any hi-res digital file of what you want is all they need to get it printed onto the Aperture.

We engage a professional printer to create the images. A list of requirements for image sizing has been sent to our distributor/dealer network so they know what to pass on to interested customers. Below is a retail price breakdown for Apertures and for printing images:

Stillpoints Aperture - Standard Pricing for any of the following 3 types: Black Walnut/black cloth, Cherry/Cream cloth, Light Oak/Cream cloth (std wood species with other std cloth combinations available as special order and are not in stock)
US Retail
$650.00

Stillpoints Aperture - Simon Marsh Collection Prints on Fabric Dye-sublimation print.
US Retail
$185.00

Stillpoints Aperture - Customer Image Submission on Fabric Dye-sublimation print.
US Retail
$225.00 (includes $40.00 image setup fee)

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Aperture 3 Panel Stand

Hi John,

Any news on the floor standing versions?

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume - coincidentally, Paul is working on the stand today. The vendor delivered what looks like a production version. They put 3 Aperture into it while the whole assembly was laying on its side on a table. When I walked back there last Paul was fiddling with the mounting hardware for the individual Apertures within the frame. I am guessing that's not finalized based on phone calls he's making now...

John

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
And your point?

I 'guess' the point is that he took a digital copy of his original painting (shown in post #156] and appears to have been able to make exceptionally clear (almost like an original) copies of the original art and transfer it to the Aperture panels...a demonstration of what is possible with Stillpoints Apertures?

Is that the point?

Amado

I 'guess' the point is that he took a digital copy of his original painting (shown in post #156] and appears to have been able to make exceptionally clear (almost like an original) copies of the original art and transfer it to the Aperture panels...a demonstration of what is possible with Stillpoints Apertures?

Is that the point?

Thank you

Just showing to you guys the final work and the different options from Stillpoints
(RIF) : Removable Inset Frame
(ISF) : Internal Screen Frame

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you

Just showing to you guys the final work and the different options from Stillpoints
(RIF) : Removable Inset Frame
(ISF) : Internal Screen Frame

Yep...thought so. I own 4 regular ones, but was given assurances that they would look after me if we decided to put some artwork in the frames. Thanks...nice job!!! How good does the piano black frame look? have you seen it? Just curious.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL

Is that the point?

Got it. I didn't realize until you pointed it out. I thought it was a political statement in an Aperture. Lol

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Not yet
But RMAF is very close
Can't wait
Great...if you can take a snapshot, that would be great...would love to see how much better it looks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing