Stillpoints Aperture Acoustic Panels

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Thankyou for sharing.

Have you found these have had any impact on boomy bass?
I didn’t have that problem to begin with so I’m not sure. I have small single driver speakers that don’t put out tons of bass. However, the bass I have is tighter and more defined. Dynamics are also improved.

Reactions: barbz127

barbz127

Jun 4, 2022
I didn’t have that problem to begin with so I’m not sure. I have small single driver speakers that don’t put out tons of bass. However, the bass I have is tighter and more defined. Dynamics are also improved.
Thank you.

My boom I beleive is due to the speaker proximity to the front wall which I can't do much about. Hoping that adding panels such as these first to the rear wall can assist.

Last edited:

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Thank you.

My book I beleive is due to proximity to the rear wall which I can't do much about. Hoping that adding panels such as these first to the rear wall can assist.
I also sit close to the rear wall. Stillpoints offers an easy return for full refund. If they don’t work in your space you just have to cover the shipping costs (both ways). They were one of the better manufacturers to deal with.

Forte

Feb 16, 2017
I have 3 apertures on front wall with one behind each speaker and one in the middle in front of the fireplace. Overall staging, depth and imaging has improved with marginal bass improvement. I use the Stillpoint stands for the ones behind each speaker and have been thinking about adding an extra one behind each speaker so that 2 are vertically stacked behind each speaker.

Last edited:

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
I have 3 apertures on front wall with one behind each speaker and one in the middle in front of the fireplace. Overall staging, depth and imaging has improved with marginal bass improvement. I use the Stillpoint stands for the ones behind each speaker and have been thinking about adding an extra one behind each speaker so that 2 are vertically stacked behind each speaker.
It was the only way I could tame my problematic room.

20230505_073226.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Steveo and Forte

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing