Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Stillpoints Aperture Acoustic Panels

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!

Stillpoints Aperture Acoustic Panels

Bought my first and placed them stacked behind my speakers dead center. Believe their hype!

Just ordered another two for my side reflections.

I have no financial affiliation with Stillpoints other than they have caused me some well deserved financial hardship.

This may be one of the more revolutionary audio products I have been exposed to.

If you can find them as they are currently in short supply I would highly recommend an audition and make sure you have some money or credit after the audition as this is, at least to me, a no brainer.

Hello and good evening to you, Priaptor. Thanks for sharing. What was the most impressive end result improvement you noticed with your rig?

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

I post my own opinions except when posting as a moderator in green.

Quote Originally Posted by treitz3 View Post
    Hello and good evening to you, Priaptor. Thanks for sharing. What was the most impressive end result improvement you noticed with your rig?

Tom
    I hate to generalize and be diffuse but every aspect.

I am fortunate to have a large and optimally sized room to start so I bought these things with some trepidation not thinking I could get much.

Every aspect and I mean EVERY aspect is more focused, better articulated and precise-from the lowest bass to the highest frequencies.

Timbre is so extraordinary and imaging like I have never experienced. Not only are the musicians/instruments so properly spaced in 3 dimensions placed but with duos/duets I can literally determine the direction of the performer.

The first location of placement recommended by the Stillpoints people is where I have them. "Phase II " as recommended is first side reflection which is coming next week.

I have a bunch of appropriately placed ASC tubes which are now being dismantled as these panels seem to deal effectively with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Priaptor View Post
    I hate to generalize and be diffuse but every aspect.

I am fortunate to have a large and optimally sized room to start so I bought these things with some trepidation not thinking I could get much.

Every aspect and I mean EVERY aspect is more focused, better articulated and precise-from the lowest bass to the highest frequencies.

Timbre is so extraordinary and imaging like I have never experienced. Not only are the musicians/instruments so properly spaced in 3 dimensions placed but with duos/duets I can literally determine the direction of the performer.

The first location of placement recommended by the Stillpoints people is where I have them. "Phase II " as recommended is first side reflection which is coming next week.

I have a bunch of appropriately placed ASC tubes which are now being dismantled as these panels seem to deal effectively with everything.
    I'm intrigued. Do you have pictures?
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-22 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Q3, Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Bought my first and placed them stacked behind my speakers dead center. Believe their hype! (...)
    Thanks - the information about these panels is still very scarce - and we can not forget that as far as I remember your speakers are line dipoles with strong back radiation.
    One of the important issues with acoustic panels is the extension and uniformity of absorption and diffusion, and the dependence of these parameters on the angle of incidence. Let us hope that Stillpoints will supply us with some technical data.
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Soundlab A1 Px's while waiting for the XLF successor, EMT927, SME3012R, ARC Phono 3, Lamm ML1.2 Ref, Lamm L2ref, Stealth Dream speaker , Crystal Dreamline ICs, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Thanks - the information about these panels is still very scarce - and we can not forget that as far as I remember your speakers are line dipoles with strong back radiation.
    One of the important issues with acoustic panels is the extension and uniformity of absorption and diffusion, and the dependence of these parameters on the angle of incidence. Let us hope that Stillpoints will supply us with some technical data.
    Very true. However I know they have done some tremendous room treatments specifically with Wilson with XLF and Alexias with great success. My "sources" tell me Wilson got rid of their ASC and RPG in a big room for 5 of these.

In any case I don't recommend people being impulsive like me and give a listen when they are in large enough supply that one can actually audition prior to purchasing.

I am hoping my other two will be here on Monday although my credit card hadn't yet been charged.

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    What's MSRP for these panels
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    USA Dealer of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    What's MSRP for these panels
    $600/panel and another 100 if you want them to use a cloth covering of a personal high resolution print so it looks like a painting or photograph.

I know Wilson successfully used 3 in their Alexia room and 5 in their XLF/Thor room.

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    $600/panel and another 100 if you want them to use a cloth covering of a personal high resolution print so it looks like a painting or photograph.

I know Wilson successfully used 3 in their Alexia room and 5 in their XLF/Thor room.
    I find that very interesting inasmuch as we zealots who placed Ultra 5's under our Wilson speakers with such great results found that it didn't catch on with the folks at Wilson

How big are the panels
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    USA Dealer of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Williams View Post
    I find that very interesting inasmuch as we zealots who placed Ultra 5's under our Wilson speakers with such great results found that it didn't catch on with the folks at Wilson

How big are the panels
    I believe they are 22x22" framed in Mahogony, cherry or oak. Standard cloth is off white or black but as I said the cloth can be customized to a picture for an $100.

Right now I have two stacked centered behind my Nola Concert Grands.

I believe this is a product we will be hearing much more about. I am married to no product I own and have had my share of mistakes in this crazy hobby BUT my "compulsive" purchase of these panels was not one of them.

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast