Munich Hi End Show 2014 pictures

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Great show again. My star of the show was the Estelon Extreme powered by the new Vitus power amp.
Far too big for most rooms but they looked and sounded incredible. Two attached units with controllable height for the attached mid range and tweeter module and adjustable tweeter.
Hopefully somebody has some photos to post soon.

Just a beautiful speaker

IMG_3305ss.jpg

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, that room is "beauty and the beast"....Vitus is the beauty imho.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Davey-I honestly can't think of any. You are the one that made the statement like it's common knowledge. Now you want me to do the research to back up your statement? Really? We already have enough of those people on WBF that make claims, won't provide any proof, and ask others to do the research and help them validate their claims. I'm not biting.

Go to page 30 of Lou's report and look for yourself. Voxativ are another company that come to mind. Check out who makes their cabinets.Or perhaps you believe all of these companies have the ability to manufacture the cabinetry all by themselves and are large corps..vs garage enterprises ( which is what most of them are). BTW, even Evolution Acoustics have their cabinets made here in San Diego by a cabinet maker. (Those that aren't made in China that is).
Please do call me to task again....Mr. Doubting Thomas.:(:(

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Go to page 30 of Lou's report and look for yourself. Voxativ are another company that come to mind. Check out who makes their cabinets.Or perhaps you believe all of these companies have the ability to manufacture the cabinetry all by themselves and are large corps..vs garage enterprises ( which is what most of them are). BTW, even Evolution Acoustics have their cabinets made here in San Diego by a cabinet maker. (Those that aren't made in China that is).
Please do call me to task again....Mr. Doubting Thomas.:(:(

I'm sorry but it seemed to me you were saying cabinet makers were moonlighting as speaker manufacturers. That's different than saying speaker companies have their enclosures made by woodworkers. But I might add an increasing number of top speaker manufacturers are using exotic materials eg. YG/Magico/Wilson/Estelon/Focal/Rockport/Polymer Research/Marten/Zellatron/Raidho, etc.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, that room is "beauty and the beast"....Vitus is the beauty imho.

Yea, big square boxes do it for me every time.

Is it a class A or AB amp?

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Unfortunately, no Mr. Estelon's doughter in sight :(

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Anyone know how this sounds? Any comments/feedback yet? Most curious.

They were playing Pictures at an Exhibition when I heard it and it sounded beautiful. The soundstage was deep and full extending way back from the speakers with all the separate parts of the orchestra clearly delineated and in the right places. A very musical and involving sound. It has a diamond tweeter so treble was very clear with no hint of harshness. It was a realistic, well resolved and natural sound with none of the artificiality that seems to come with some of the other high systems I heard.
The exhibitors had to switch off and unplug all their equipment at the end of each day so none of them were properly warmed up and they will obviously sound even better when played without that handicap.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm digging the Estelon's Protoss vibe baby!

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
6xra.jpg

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Munich's 'Best display' winner:

qtg0.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
They were playing Pictures at an Exhibition when I heard it and it sounded beautiful. The soundstage was deep and full extending way back from the speakers with all the separate parts of the orchestra clearly delineated and in the right places. A very musical and involving sound. It has a diamond tweeter so treble was very clear with no hint of harshness. It was a realistic, well resolved and natural sound with none of the artificiality that seems to come with some of the other high systems I heard.
The exhibitors had to switch off and unplug all their equipment at the end of each day so none of them were properly warmed up and they will obviously sound even better when played without that handicap.

Thanks, Barry2013...great feedback. Look forward to speaking with the guys at Kog Audio (distributors) when they are back.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Yes, the quantity and quality of the pictures is amazing. I do not know how Leo manages to get the adequate lighting almost every time - difficult rooms that look dark and fuzzy in other reports look fine in his site. Does any one know what camera he is using?

I'm sure it's a pro body Nikon or Canon with a fast lense...say f/2.8 along with using a hi iso setting such as iso 800 or even 1600. You can get away w/o a flash shooting that way.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
I'm sure it's a pro body Nikon or Canon with a fast lense...say f/2.8 along with using a hi iso setting such as iso 800 or even 1600. You can get away w/o a flash shooting that way.

He was shooting using flash ... at lest on some ocasions. You can see the shades on some images.

You definately need a low f lenses + a camera with good sensor. The closeup of the Vox Olimpian logo I posted earlier, was also made in poor light conditions, with no flash or tripod (Sony RX-1 compact camera; full frame sensor and f/2.0 lenses).

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
He was shooting using flash ... at lest on some ocasions. You can see the shades on some images.

You definately need a low f lenses + a camera with good sensor. The closeup of the Vox Olimpian logo I posted earlier, was also made in poor light conditions, with no flash or tripod (Sony RX-1 compact camera; full frame sensor and f/2.0 lenses).

I also think some has to do with the software used to reduce the resolution of the picture so as to show on the web. I find a real wide variation in quality.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I'm sorry but it seemed to me you were saying cabinet makers were moonlighting as speaker manufacturers. That's different than saying speaker companies have their enclosures made by woodworkers. But I might add an increasing number of top speaker manufacturers are using exotic materials eg. YG/Magico/Wilson/Estelon/Focal/Rockport/Polymer Research/Marten/Zellatron/Raidho, etc.

That's exactly what it sounded like which is why I called him out and asked for the list of companies who are primarily furniture manufacturers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing