Sanders Sound Systems - Introducing Our Newest Speaker at T.H.E. Show Newport Beach

Angela

WBF Technical Expert
May 24, 2010
Conifer, Colorado
May 14, 2014 - CONIFER, Colo. -- We are pleased to announce the release of our Model 10d Electrostatic Speaker. This is the latest version of the Model 10 speaker; with new bass driver and revised transmission line, digital crossover and Magtech Amplifier. The Model 10d will be offered in addition to the Model 10c and Model 11.

In our quest to produce even deeper, more dynamic, and more powerful bass, we now offer the Model 10d speaker system. This model uses a driver with an ultra powerful motor combined with a truly massive magnet structure and lightweight aluminum cone for incredible bass performance.

When this new driver is combined with a revised version of our transmission line technology, active digital crossovers, deep bass equalization, and the 900 watts of power available from our Magtech amplifier, the bass performance is truly State Of The Art.

We will be demonstrating this latest speaker in our line-up at T.H.E. Show Newport Beach this May 30 - June 1. Please stop by our room and take a listen.

cheers,
Angela

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
Awesome, Angela, wish I could hear it!

There is very little info about the actual difference and the website shows the same specs for both. Could you and/or Roger provide a few more details about bass extension/response with the new design? I realize you may want to wait until after the show.

Curious, thanks,
Don

Angela

WBF Technical Expert
May 24, 2010
Conifer, Colorado
thanks for the input, Don and we appreciate you pointing this out! I have modified the page now to try to highlight was is NEW and also have included features of the new woofer design. Please let me know if you think this makes better sense now or if you have more input. REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
I like it! I would add a summary line or three at the top (and maybe bottom) of the red "Additional Features" section. Maybe something along the lines of:

ADDITIONAL FEATURES...

The new woofer includes numerous features that improve its performance and reliability:

<current features list -- maybe add a blurb about the transmission line changes?>

These improvements provide a woofer with greater excursion, better mechanical and thermal stability (or, integrity?), increased headroom, and lower distortion than our standard woofer. The result is the most accurate bass in the finest speaker we have ever offered.

My idea is to make very clear what people get for their extra $1k.

FWIWFM, HTH, etc. - Don (10d still on my short list to replace my Maggies, assuming I have anything left after taxes and the kids get through college!)

Lancruiser

Nov 11, 2015
Hello All,

I have owned Sanders equipment for several years (10b, 10c and now the 10d) and have experienced the evolutionary changes in these designs. The 10d is one of the best choices one can purchase for superior sound in a domestic environment. They will integrate into probably any room one can think of and provide excellent results. I have owned many loudspeakers over the years, the Sanders solution provides (for me) the closest approximation to the original sound. When one has excellent source material, it's not that "they are here, it's you are there". That is the best way to describe the experience. I could own just about anything, I feel fortunate to have discovered this manufacturer early on. I have pretty much stopped chasing alternatives. I now invest in quality source material, that's what this hobby is all about. Your mileage may vary, feel free to pursue what you wish. For me, I am a happy camper and I use live music as my primary reference. All the best to y'all.

Regards,

Paul

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Hi Paul. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your good experience with us regarding Sanders system. I had the pleasure of finally meeting Roger in person at RMAF. I love it when there are good people behind a company which also builds great products. I almost walk away from products if I can't see those two aspects together.

Lancruiser

Nov 11, 2015
Hi Amir,

Thank you for the welcome, I agree there should be more practical folks in our industry. I have had the opportunity to meet Mr. Sanders at a couple of audio exhibitions. He is a down to earth person. I consider myself fortunate to have met many engineers like him (James Bongiorno, Brian Cheney, Saul Marantz, Sid Smith, Peter Walker, Sigfreid Linkwitz, Julius Futterman, Julius Sisknius) and ask questions of them concerning what they designed and why. I am not just dropping names, what I am trying to illustrate that these folks and many others are (or were) trying to advance the audio art for the benefit of their respective customers. The reproduction of a quality audio experience in our respective homes is not a trivial endeavor. I for one, am grateful for their respective contributions to putting a smile on our collective faces. Just my 2c worth.

Regards,

Paul

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
And great two cents that is. :D Engineers who take the time to educate their customers and non-customers are always on top of my list. And Roger is one of those.

Lancruiser

Nov 11, 2015
Hi All,

I guess I should post a picture of my current audio system. I should preface this post with the caveat that this is NOT a standard or current Sanders System product, Mr. Sanders should NOT have to answer questions concerning this setup, instead any questions concerning it should be addressed to me. With that said, it is a 3 channel setup using 3 Sanders 10d loudspeakers, 3 Magtech amplifiers and the James Bongiorno Trinaural processor. Just my attempt to achieve superior sound in my home. I am pleased with the results so far.

Regards,

Paul 20151111_195143.jpg

Last edited:

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
That's a lovely system Paul. Would love to hear more about James Bongiorno Trinaural processor either here or in another thread dedicated to it.

Whatmore

Jun 2, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
awesome, clearly the middle speaker is not used as a centre channel for HT duties (I assume this because it blocks the telly), can you give us some colour on how you are using it?

Lancruiser

Nov 11, 2015
Hello All,

Mr. Bongiorno has unfortunately passed away, his products are currently being manufactured by www.wyred4sound.com. I was fortunate to purchase the processor at the last RMAF from E.J. Sarmento (really nice guy).
I will post some hypers concerning this product and a couple of reviews. We have Mr. Bongiorno to thank for most of the current amplifier topology designs being produced today, he was truly a genius. Rest in peace buddy.
For video purposes right now, I move the center speaker to one side or another of the flat screen, sounds superior than 2 channels.

http://www.sst.audio/trinaural/

http://www.stereophile.com/musicintheround/904music/#lIiD7MMWjJ1ES1TZ.97

http://www.tnt-audio.com/edcorner/january13.html

http://audikron.com/2012/09/1946/?lang=en

http://www.audikron.com/wp-content/uploads/d_reviews/Trinaural.pdf

Have fun folks,

Paul

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Paul, in your set up, due to the 3 speakers, do you get a broader sweet spot than 2? Thanks

Lancruiser

Nov 11, 2015
Hello,

I would like to preface my response, having owned the Sanders solution for many years. That I am very pleased with it's performance. I had the chance to purchase the Trinaural processor, had most
of the parts to make it work and thought why not? The stock Sanders solution conveys music in a natural manner, probably the best I have heard. The addition of the center channel and processor
conveys musical reproduction differently, poor recordings still sound poor. Great recordings give the impression that you are listening to the artists in "real time". The same is true of the stock
Sanders solution. Both have realistic "sweet spots". I hope this response answers your question. I am going move this topic to a different thread, as we are getting way off the point of the original post.
My original intention was to convey how pleased I was with the current revision (10d) of the Sanders solution.

Best Regards,

Paul

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing