Lampizator DSD DAC

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The problem I had was Audirvana+ needed to be set to DSD over DoP. Everything worked fine after that.

Same for JRiver and that is probably his problem.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Hi,
I tried all possible settings already, then I guess the unit needs a check.
Thank you anyway!

Did you get the screen shots that you show you the settings? Sampling rate has to be set at 44.1, you have to have selected DSD over DoP, and if you are running on a Windows machine, you must download the drivers or it will never work.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Yes also this may be stupid question but with a lampi you need to select PCM or dsd from the remote even though they are common on the USB input . Was this checked . On some units it's a switch on the back .
Al

tsaett

May 20, 2014
Cologne
Thank you for your help guys,
I do have the amanero Combo384 driver selected, otherwise PCM would not work I guess.
What's confusing is that on both mac & windows dsd does not work, I chose DoP on both platforms.
The settings provided by Lukasz and JRiver are also identical.
My Dac has no switch on the back, the front button is the one to press for PCM/DSD selection.

Any further suggestions are welcome, otherwise I need Lukasz to have a look over the Lampi.

Christoph

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
Yes also this may be stupid question but with a lampi you need to select PCM or dsd from the remote even though they are common on the USB input . Was this checked . On some units it's a switch on the back .
Al

Didn't Wisnom say that all of the newer Lampizators with PCM & DSD are autoswitching?

Looking forward to a demo of the Lampi at next week's Newport Beach show. I'll be looking for them - and the DirectStream.... !

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Post screenshots to make sure that is not a settings issue.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I had three lampi,s at my office and someone's home. If no switch you need to select it on the remote not just the volume known menu. Try it. Take a pic of the remote as well as screen shots
I tried the volume knob and I selected dsd and it did not work .
Al

tsaett

May 20, 2014
Cologne
screen.jpg

It's in German but I think you get what's impotant.
No output encoding is used, when I'm playing .iso or .dff the bitperfect symbol is on.

Al,
my unit is without volume control, so no remote here. The red ring on the front acts as PCM/DSD switch.

On Audirvana+ DSD is also green in the settings and DoP is activated.

Thanks
Christoph

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Did you set the sampling rate at 44.1?

tsaett

May 20, 2014
Cologne
Hi mep,

I'm not quite sure what you mean, in the DSP Studio I selected at every frequency "no change".
When I play an .iso file, the audio path looks like this:

Input: 176,4khz 64 bit 2ch from source SACD
No changes are done
Output: 176,4khz 32bit 2ch using ASIO bitstreaming.

In my humble understanding of DoP this should be correct, though I hope I'm wrong :)

Thank you all, the Lampi is really a nice dac

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Hi mep,

I'm not quite sure what you mean, in the DSP Studio I selected at every frequency "no change".
When I play an .iso file, the audio path looks like this:

Input: 176,4khz 64 bit 2ch from source SACD
No changes are done
Output: 176,4khz 32bit 2ch using ASIO bitstreaming.

In my humble understanding of DoP this should be correct, though I hope I'm wrong :)

Thank you all, the Lampi is really a nice dac

You are supposed to select DSD output and set the output to 44.1. That was the screenshots sent to me and they worked.

tsaett

May 20, 2014
Cologne
mep you have a PM,

I don't want to spoil this thead, I report when and how my issues are solved, thanks for all the help

Now back to topic.

Christoph

elcorso

VIP/Donor
Nov 19, 2013
Rainforest
mep you have a PM,

I don't want to spoil this thead, I report when and how my issues are solved, thanks for all the help

Now back to topic.

Christoph

Christoph , I'm only on Mac, A+ and on a different DAC. A screenshot of my settings under Mavericks. Hope this help.

BTW, on A+ and DSD , volume control doesn't work, then you have to preset the volume to the maximum on A+ (or DAC only in pref).

Also on Audio MIDI Setup your DAC must be selected (Amanero?)

Good luck,

Roch

A+ Pref.jpg

tsaett

May 20, 2014
Cologne
Hi Roch,
in fact I spend a whole day trying out every possible setting in both A+ and JRiver.
I will try mep's screenshots today and report when I have news.
Thank you though!

Christoph

bmoura

Sep 6, 2013
Heard the Level 7 edition of the Lampizator at The Show in Newport Beach on Friday. Impressive, especially in DSD mode.
Bruce is on to something here.

Also learned that the very affordable Lampi wouldn't have enough power to drive their upcoming headphone jack/amp option. That's too bad. Starting at $1,500, adding the headphone and DSD options could make the affordable Lampi very tough to beat!

MLGrado

Mar 19, 2014
So, I understand that this is the DAC to own!

I am a DSD fan, for sure. All of these great reviews must mean there is something special going on here. Looking to get my hands on a unit soon! Probably DSD only model, like the one Bruce reviewed....

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com

I am a DSD fan, for sure. All of these great reviews must mean there is something special going on here. Looking to get my hands on a unit soon! Probably DSD only model, like the one Bruce reviewed....

Good deal!!

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011

Talk to Fred and Rob and see what is possible. They have their own circle at AudioCircle.com forum.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing