Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 206061626364656667686970

Thread: Lampizator DSD DAC

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrox View Post
    Bill..since you're also using Auralic Aries, I had been using beta firmware but just an hour ago I saw a new firmware notification. It's now 4.0.0 and OMG!!! Big improvement. Very meaty, solid and deeper bass. You gotta to try that new firmware.
    Already did my friend. They really upped their game with that software. Memory based playback.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Hi David, how are you? Hopefully much improved!
    Spent half the time standing rather than sitting to give my back a rest from time to time, but yes, thank you! Let me know when you're around and ready for a listening session!

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry2013 View Post
    Can you share your conclusions from the listening session?
    http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...769#post411769

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    Selling pair of KR PX25, 400 quid.

Another friend is selling PX4 for same price

+ postage. Please PM if interested.
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzo75 View Post
    Selling pair of KR PX25, 400 quid.

Another friend is selling PX4 for same price

+ postage. Please PM if interested.
    Also selling KR 45 pair for 300 Euros plus postage. The KR 45 were bought in Dec 2015 but hardly used as other tubes were preferred.
    Audition recordings: Zero Distortion Link; Reference Components: Zero Distortion Link; Own: Lampi GG One-day-to-get: Apogee Scintilla, or a horn (with Tenor 75 OTL ), Preamp to be fit in to suit the gain and drive the power amp. Analog: TBD

Blog Entries
    A visit to the Lampi factory last month.

The Neurotic Audiophile in me decided to optimize the Lampi – these questions about the difference between the Duelunds and the Mundorfs, would Shun Mook mpingo discs in different parts inside the Lampi cause magic, and how is Amanero different from R2R were bothering me. Maybe I was on to something big. I also had to get the superclock and the DSD 512 upgrade anyway.

http://zero-distortion.org/lampi_factory_visit/

I have two dacs one is dualands the other is Mundorf the black ones with gold letters.
    I also have mundorf in my IRS v cross overs and dueland bypass. Simplistically. A mundorf is a thicker note some call more hang and a bit softer. A Dueland is a bit faster and harder.
    What we like becomes complex as each item in the chain adds or detracts something always. My head dac is very close to my Msb stack in hardness and note thickness. Changing tubes effects this on the lampi in weight and tones.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrainbow View Post
    I have two dacs one is dualands the other is Mundorf the black ones with gold letters.
    I also have mundorf in my IRS v cross overs and dueland bypass. Simplistically. A mundorf is a thicker note some call more hang and a bit softer. A Dueland is a bit faster and harder.
    What we like becomes complex as each item in the chain adds or detracts something always. My head dac is very close to my Msb stack in hardness and note thickness. Changing tubes effects this on the lampi in weight and tones.
    Bill has a complete Duelund dac. I am going to compare mine with his soon, now that both have the clocks

Very cool
    Please let us know.

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 206061626364656667686970