Cinematech

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Alcantera fabric, adjustable headrest and all 3 seats are battery powered. Here's another shot in my room. This is the closest I will ever get to sitting in a Rolls Royce. :D
image.jpg

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
My wife said, "How much was this? Can we get another one for the living room?" I said, "Uh, no."
My 3 year old son said that the Alcantera feels like his "blanky."

Michael.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
My wife said, "How much was this? Can we get another one for the living room?" I said, "Uh, no."
My 3 year old son said that the Alcantera feels like his "blanky."

Michael.

It has a very nice feel to it. Make sure to read up on stain removal and have the right chemicals on hand. It is tough to clean.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
It reminds me of a Fred Flintstone couch.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
It reminds me of a Fred Flintstone couch.

I have 3 of the Cinematech black leather (upgraded leather) fully motorized 'Valentino' chairs in my home theatre.

http://www.mycinematech.com/product_page.php?pid=12

I was fortunate enough to get them as demos (about 35% of full retail price) from our local dealer about 6 years ago. my wife absolutely loves them and that is where she rests when she is tired or just wants to chill out. the Cinematech seating is beautifully made and really comfortable. and pictures don't do it justice. it is top notch furniture. after our 6 years, and it's years as a dealer demo, it still looks brand new.

I've seen the leather material on Dallas Justice's sofa. it looks beautiful in person, and the pictures don't do it justice. and it will be a dream to sit on/in. I would imagine that if you saw it in the installed location in person that you would not be compelled to make that comment.

DJ; congrats and enjoy your new seating.

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Thanks Mike! I read about your Cinematech seats before I ordered mine. They are assembled very close to my house and the showroom is only a 10 minute drive from here. I was sold on it as soon as I sat in one of their chairs.

I have 3 of the Cinematech black leather (upgraded leather) fully motorized 'Valentino' chairs in my home theatre.

http://www.mycinematech.com/product_page.php?pid=12

I was fortunate enough to get them as demos (about 35% of full retail price) from our local dealer about 6 years ago. my wife absolutely loves them and that is where she rests when she is tired or just wants to chill out. the Cinematech seating is beautifully made and really comfortable. and pictures don't do it justice. it is top notch furniture. after our 6 years, and it's years as a dealer demo, it still looks brand new.

I've seen the leather material on Dallas Justice's sofa. it looks beautiful in person, and the pictures don't do it justice. and it will be a dream to sit on/in. I would imagine that if you saw it in the installed location in person that you would not be compelled to make that comment.

DJ; congrats and enjoy your new seating.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
What kind of seating do you have in your listening space?

Whatever kind you want to criticize? I have one nice listening chair that I have previously taken pictures of. Feel free to look it up and have a go at it.

The regular leather couches made by Cinematech look really nice from the pictures. And maybe the pictures don't do the style that you picked out justice compared to how they look in person. It just didn't look appealing to me from the picture. But it really doesn't matter what I think since I'm not buying it and it's not my money and I'm not trying to steer you to something else. Yabba-Dabba Do.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing