Acoustic Revive Schuman Wave Generator

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I am curious about the efficacy or otherwise of the Schuman Resonance generators made by Acoustic Revive.
Have any WBF members got them in their systems and have they improved the sound?

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Some people hear nothing, others have reported great improvements. I once walked into a room and while the music was playing, the dealer turned it off. I felt sick to the stomach momentarily, but once I regained my equilibrium, I didn't hear any difference and told the dealer so. Whereupon the dealer turned it back on and I felt sick again. When he asked me if I now heard the difference I told him "yes" so that he wouldn't turn it off again and make me sick.

There were others in the room who didn't notice the turning on/off. Yet others who said that there as an improvement in clarity and soundstage.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I have a friend with one and there is no measurable difference. I could not hear any difference either.... save your $$

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Some people hear nothing, others have reported great improvements. I once walked into a room and while the music was playing, the dealer turned it off. I felt sick to the stomach momentarily, but once I regained my equilibrium, I didn't hear any difference and told the dealer so. Whereupon the dealer turned it back on and I felt sick again. When he asked me if I now heard the difference I told him "yes" so that he wouldn't turn it off again and make me sick.

There were others in the room who didn't notice the turning on/off. Yet others who said that there as an improvement in clarity and soundstage.

i tried a couple in my room and could not tell any effect one way or the other. i tried a couple of different types in different locations....including the Acoustic Revive....the other one was from Russia (can't recal the brand).

i'm predisposed to be open minded toward tweaks and have zero need to know why things work or see proof that they work. i hear it or i don't hear it. then the next day i hear it again or not. if i don't keep hearing the effect or lack thereof that is what would be my evidence of value.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

elcorso

VIP/Donor
Nov 19, 2013
Rainforest
I owned a couple of the Acoustic Revive units. Didn't find any SQ benefit but noise from their Switching PSU. Bought a Linear PSU for it, noise was removed, but no SQ benefit. Some body talked about the blue status Led in the A. Revive may calm you, and this is the cause of the benefit...

Moved one of the units to my (sleeping) room, but the strong blue Led didn't let me got sleeping!...

Now they are in some closet.

Regarding Schumann Resonances I read a lot, but maybe this little unit is not strong enough? I know that on New Zealand they have strong and large units for the full home, but I'm not interested anymore.

Roch

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Roch, just a tip which might help...try a swab of grey coloured electrical grade tape over the LED. Works a treat & is safe. I have an RR-777 in my audio room connected to a King Rex Mk2 psu via a custom short umbilical with a gold neutrix connector. The RR-777 is said to be 4 times more powerful than the older RR-77, and forum feedback suggests the KR Mk2 roughly doubles the effect of the RR-77. Also, placement is important. Acoustic Revive recommend placing the unit atleast 6ft off the ground, and preferable between the speakers facing the listening position. I have mine just above the LH speaker. There is definitely a calming effect. The effect is subtle, but the music seems a bit more free and liquid (or continuous). I leave mine on 24/7. As Eric remarked in his review of the RR-777 "Since these units work on the listener, the effect on each person varies". You can only try this device for yourself and see if it provides a benefit. The above setup tips should help. Here are some photos of my setup..

With Wally/Harmonix iso feet installed.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thank you to all those who have responded.
Really appreciated.
Also found an Audiogon thread on this which was a lot more positive than The WBF replies.
It's a puzzle that people have such different experiences. I guess you just have to suck it and listen so clearly an audition before buying or finding a good used one.

elcorso

VIP/Donor
Nov 19, 2013
Rainforest
Roch, just a tip which might help...try a swab of grey coloured electrical grade tape over the LED. Works a treat & is safe. I have an RR-777 in my audio room connected to a King Rex Mk2 psu via a custom short umbilical with a gold neutrix connector. The RR-777 is said to be 4 times more powerful than the older RR-77, and forum feedback suggests the KR Mk2 roughly doubles the effect of the RR-77. Also, placement is important. Acoustic Revive recommend placing the unit atleast 6ft off the ground, and preferable between the speakers facing the listening position. I have mine just above the LH speaker. There is definitely a calming effect. The effect is subtle, but the music seems a bit more free and liquid (or continuous). I leave mine on 24/7. As Eric remarked in his review of the RR-777 "Since these units work on the listener, the effect on each person varies". You can only try this device for yourself and see if it provides a benefit. The above setup tips should help. Here are some photos of my setup..

Thanks for your tips and link. What I own is the old RR-77 (2), I also have the King Rex Mark II LPSU. Just ordered the new RR-777. I will try it also on my Bonsai trees since they love music, but not heavy rock or metal, believe it or not!...

Roch

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Thank you to all those who have responded.
Really appreciated.
Also found an Audiogon thread on this which was a lot more positive than The WBF replies.
It's a puzzle that people have such different experiences. I guess you just have to suck it and listen so clearly an audition before buying or finding a good used one.
Hi Barry, the reason results vary so widely is that the Schumann resonance works on the listener, not on room acoustics as such. From that we could conclude that human physiology is more variable than room acoustics.

Cheers,
Bodhi

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013
Hi Barry, hope you're good?

I tried one a couple of years back in the room you visited but with a slightly different system. There was nothing I could put my finger on and ultimately I didn't miss it when it was gone.

As others have said the response to using them varies widely, the dealer I used swore by his and used two. The AR grounding conditioner I tried at the same time does make a difference and I bought one, that didn't work for him so go figure!

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Barry, hope you're good?

I tried one a couple of years back in the room you visited but with a slightly different system. There was nothing I could put my finger on and ultimately I didn't miss it when it was gone.

As others have said the response to using them varies widely, the dealer I used swore by his and used two. The AR grounding conditioner I tried at the same time does make a difference and I bought one, that didn't work for him so go figure!
Thanks.
Yes very well. An Atlantis box now installed and hooked up to the two silver Tellus with an Atlantis earth cable to the Vitus SIA 025. Has improved the definition and naturalness of the sound.
Reactions obviously vary considerably to the Acoustic Revive. I might give it a try.
Hope all is well with you.
Best wishes

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Thanks for your tips and link. What I own is the old RR-77 (2), I also have the King Rex Mark II LPSU. Just ordered the new RR-777. I will try it also on my Bonsai trees since they love music, but not heavy rock or metal, believe it or not!...

Roch
You're welcome. By all reports the RR-777 is a substantial step up from the RR-77 in terms of power and coverage. The RR-777/KR Mk2 combo imho negates the need to use 2 RR-77, unless you're talking about a very large room. Let us know yours and your Bonsai trees impression of the RR-777 when it's on deck.

Bodhi.

Rob.Petersen

May 6, 2014
Vancouver, WA
I agree with Mike Lavigne on this one...no real need to know how it works, but should be able to hear something.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I agree with Mike Lavigne on this one...no real need to know how it works, but should be able to hear something.

This gizmo appears to be a solution in search of a problem. That last thing I want in my stereo room is some do-dad that is working me over physically. Or, it claims to be working me over physically. Gary said it made him sick.

elcorso

VIP/Donor
Nov 19, 2013
Rainforest
You're welcome. By all reports the RR-777 is a substantial step up from the RR-77 in terms of power and coverage. The RR-777/KR Mk2 combo imho negates the need to use 2 RR-77, unless you're talking about a very large room. Let us know yours and your Bonsai trees impression of the RR-777 when it's on deck.

Bodhi.

Thanks Bodhi,

My impressions will be in the short term. Bonsai trees needs more time to 'talk' (they are susceptible to stress like all living things).

Maybe I also try the "Earthsafe Whole House" from www.lessemf.com/schumann.html

Roch

Rob.Petersen

May 6, 2014
Vancouver, WA
This gizmo appears to be a solution in search of a problem. That last thing I want in my stereo room is some do-dad that is working me over physically. Or, it claims to be working me over physically. Gary said it made him sick.

I've heard before about the nausea sensation when a "Schumann Resonance generator" was being used - in that instance it was one made by Kemp Electronics/Acoustics (or something of that order).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing