Anybody Know How to setup FooBar to playback over a LampizatOr Level 4 DAC?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I need some help if anyone has experience in setting up FooBar on a windows machine to playback over a Level 4 Lampizator DAC.

mep

Apr 20, 2010

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Hot off the press:I now have it playing over JRiver. That's good enough for now. The only issue I see besides not knowing how to import all of my DSD files from my hard drive is the volume is twice is low compared to my Mytek DAC running over FooBar.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I just remembered that I run balanced XLR connections from the Mytek Stereo 192 to my preamp and the LampizatOr doesn't have balanced outputs and the difference in gain settings is most probably due to the 6dB gain increase you get when running balanced connections.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
The main problem I had with the Lampi is it needs to have DSD over DoP. I couldn't get it to work otherwise.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
The main problem I had with the Lampi is it needs to have DSD over DoP. I couldn't get it to work otherwise.

It's the ONLY way it will work Bruce. Did you run it from Windows or Mac? If Windows, did you use FooBar or something else.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
For Foobar to work with DSD over DoP, you have to go to the screen listing the ASIO drivers, double-click the listing foo_dsd_asio:

Asio Screen copy.jpg

Then, the following screen will appear:

dsd asio.jpg

Under DSD Playback Method, click the drop-down menu and choose DoP.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Gary-Here is the funny thing: I double click on the listing foo_dsd_asio, nothing happens. It won't open up and give me the screen shot you are showing above. I don't know why double clicking it won't open it up.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Gary-Here is the funny thing: I double click on the listing foo_dsd_asio, nothing happens. It won't open up and give me the screen shot you are showing above. I don't know why double clicking it won't open it up.

Are the correct drivers installed?

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Are the correct drivers installed?

Bruce-The foo_dsd_asio driver is there, I just can't double click on it and make it open. That driver has to be there for the Mytek DAC to work and the Mytek works perfectly (or at least it did yesterday until I monkeyed with the settings to try and get the LampizatOr DAC to work over FooBar).

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Bruce-The foo_dsd_asio driver is there, I just can't double click on it and make it open. That driver has to be there for the Mytek DAC to work and the Mytek works perfectly (or at least it did yesterday until I monkeyed with the settings to try and get the LampizatOr DAC to work over FooBar).

When you double click it, it opens up UNDER Foobar. So, look for it on your start-bar.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
ooh. I will try that Gary. The screen shot makes it look like it opens in the middle of the screen.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing