New NHB 18NS

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Now that is a system I would love to hear. Congratulations.

+1!
DartZeel NH108b with Trio's - looks like an ideal match!

alistairm

Sep 29, 2012
Australia
And in the spirit of nothing being wasted, the "old" preamp is redeployed to the office.

Attachments

• IMG_0710.JPG
    IMG_0710.JPG
    847.5 KB · Views: 393

Cascais

Nov 5, 2012
Portugal
Jeez... that could get dangerous. I have over 20 guitars tucked away in custom cabinets in this room. The room is fully acoustically treated as well. Currently VERY happy with the new pre. Hard to tell what it is, but I suspect the phono stage is making the biggest difference.

Very nice stack of components, especially since I am thinking of adding a new, or upgraded, Dartzeel pre to my system. But I am concerned about those guitars which must color the sound as the strings vibrate and guitar bodies resonate. Do you loosen the strings to mitigate the effect?

alistairm

Sep 29, 2012
Australia
Indeed, I hadn't given much thought to the sympathetic resonances from the guitars. I didn't always have them there, but I haven't noticed any deterioration in the sound since placing them. Interestingly, they change sometimes... I'll have to keep an ear out for the effect that different ones (or none at all) have on the sound! Presumably different for different music which triggers different sympathetic resonances.

Cascais

Nov 5, 2012
Portugal
Indeed, I hadn't given much thought to the sympathetic resonances from the guitars. I didn't always have them there, but I haven't noticed any deterioration in the sound since placing them. Interestingly, they change sometimes... I'll have to keep an ear out for the effect that different ones (or none at all) have on the sound! Presumably different for different music which triggers different sympathetic resonances.

It would be interesting to A-B the sound with and without the guitars to hear the difference, if any. Maybe you enjoy the sound with the guitars adding to the harmonics.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
THE OPERA to be exact :D

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
I have Bella Luna :cool:

Ah excellent yes I know it-- the only "Luna"I have is LUNASCAPE Pano

I do have a collection of the Art plus copies of the Big Book and Equation of Time

Fine artist and snapper:D!

BruceD

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing