Purist 25th Anniversary Luminist Revision XLR Interconnects

raker

Mar 16, 2014
Simply superb! Significantly more dynamic and resolving compared to 20th Anniversary, largest quality difference between similar level cables I've ever heard. The pure silver mono crystal structure (as in the Crystal Cable) really makes a difference. Much slimmer than the 20th Anniversary - it's definitely not the size, but the quality, which counts.

flat6

Jun 9, 2012
Simply superb! Significantly more dynamic and resolving compared to 20th Anniversary, largest quality difference between similar level cables I've ever heard. The pure silver mono crystal structure (as in the Crystal Cable) really makes a difference. Much slimmer than the 20th Anniversary - it's definitely not the size, but the quality, which counts.

what's different with Luminist vs. Praesto revisions?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

I'm going to wait for the 30th Anniversary Revision.

raker

Mar 16, 2014
what's different with Luminist vs. Praesto revisions?

According to Purist Audio's Jim Aud, whom I met at the High End Show in Munich on Friday, 16 May, the main changes are to the insulation (better Ferox, resulting in a lower noise floor, and allowing a thinner cable, reducing the cable's capacitance) and the connectors.

flat6

Jun 9, 2012
According to Purist Audio's Jim Aud, whom I met at the High End Show in Munich on Friday, 16 May, the main changes are to the insulation (better Ferox, resulting in a lower noise floor, and allowing a thinner cable, reducing the cable's capacitance) and the connectors.

so new revision is primarily an improvement in the damping material (ie. new Ferox vs. old Contego).
any idea if changes have been made to cable's other parameters such as conductors, gauge, etc.?

how does a cable's damping will affect / influence the cable's capacitance?

was considering their Canorus AC cords, but I understand this is now discontinued so it's now back to square one for me (sort of).

raker

Mar 16, 2014
so new revision is primarily an improvement in the damping material (ie. new Ferox vs. old Contego).
any idea if changes have been made to cable's other parameters such as conductors, gauge, etc.?

how does a cable's damping will affect / influence the cable's capacitance?

was considering their Canorus AC cords, but I understand this is now discontinued so it's now back to square one for me (sort of).

Jim Aud mentioned that the Luminist revision was to Purist Audio's whole line, not just the 25th Anniversary cables. Regarding the XLR 25th Anniversary cables, he mentioned that the Luminist revision did not change the conductors or the gauge. I don't know if that is the case for the other cables in the line. If the Luminist revision is to the whole line, I assume that the Canorus power cables will get this revision. Perhaps only the Canorus Praesto is discontinued.

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
I have a new PDF file showing some of the new Luminist cables and descriptions, But I do not know how to attach it here?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I have a new PDF file showing some of the new Luminist cables and descriptions, But I do not know how to attach it here?

You should be able to upload if you go to advanced settings and manage attachments.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing