Does anyone recognize what music this is - artist and CD?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
it's track 7, "Earth Drums" according to the back of the CD case.

possibly Carol is reading the Chinese writing and in mandarin it is 'dust drums'. in English it is 'Earth Drums' as listed.

I've used this track for years since a visit from friends from HK who gifted me this CD. it does rock and can do damage and even create issues in your room by causing structure to loosen. so be careful.....your system might hold together but your walls might not. and it will stress everything.

on the MM7's it easily gets too much to stay in the room.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yup, the infamous Track 7. This loosened two recessed lighting fixtures in my room.

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Thanks for the clarification, Mike.

I have the previous album "Sister Drum" from the duo Dadawa and He Xun-tian. The title track from that album can have similar effects on the surroundings.

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Yup, the infamous Track 7. This loosened two recessed lighting fixtures in my room.

Haha!! I demo'ed that track at Alexis park, and dust started raining down from the ceiling :)

It's a popular torture track in Asia.

Jack, I remember doing a shoot-out at JR's store between the big Dynaudio and the big Genesis speakers. It must have bust a couple of ear drums. I left the room, and then had to walk out the store and close the door behind me.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
At the home of one of JR's clients, Jadis, Mullard88, Nephilim (keith) and I had to leave the room too. Those PAS (Philippine Audio Society) guys play LOUD. LOL.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
At the home of one of JR's clients, Jadis, Mullard88, Nephilim (keith) and I had to leave the room too. Those PAS (Philippine Audio Society) guys play LOUD. LOL.

Yes Jack. After prolonged listening to that track, it made me hungry (maybe from stress). :D Good thing the host prepared some local noodles (pansit) in the dining room. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yes Jack. After prolonged listening to that track, it made me hungry (maybe from stress). :D Good thing the host prepared some local noodles (pansit) in the dining room. :D

It was EXCELLENT pansit at that!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It was EXCELLENT pansit at that!

And that was the time I found out that the professional acoustician Mike P. was the same DJ Mike P. of 99.5RT FM. He was my idol in those days, as far as DJ vocals is concerned, pretty much like Casey Kasem. :D

Sorry for the OT.

lasercd

Member Sponsor
Oct 28, 2010
Voorhees, NJ
www.lasercd.com
Which is the best version of Paramita? CD, XRCD, or vinyl?

I love Dadawa "Sister Drum". Always fun to play it and watch jaws drop.

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
it's track 7, "Earth Drums" according to the back of the CD case.

possibly Carol is reading the Chinese writing and in mandarin it is 'dust drums'. in English it is 'Earth Drums' as listed.

Yeah... I was telling my brother Gary about it on the way home saying... well it was <insert mandarin pronunciation> - "dirt" - "dust" - "ground" and he responds... "Earth!" :D

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
This is an old one from 1983 on Bis - CD-232 I suggest track #4 i use this one to clean the membranes on my Acoustats. :)

Kroumata     Percussion Ensemble.jpg

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Many years ago, I attended a conference sponsored by an Asian-American organization in San Jose, CA and the organizers had a local Taiko (Kodo) Drum ensemble for entertainment after the evening banquet. We were in a very large ballroom in one of the hotels. I was blown out of the room by the volume of the deep bass drums. Couldn't stay anywhere near the ballroom. Not sure whether there was any structural damage to the hotel!

Larry

Reactions: JeromeFrancis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing