Desire - Bob Dylan

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Desire has been a long time favorite of mine - if some one would ask me what is my favorite track of this album I would be vacillating among several of its songs!

Most of the times I still listen to my old CBS UK LP, but recently a friend asked me for advice on choosing a good quality version this recording. Can our Dylan experts recommend me the best analog and CD versions of Desire?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
There is a new Blu spec cd of Desire coming out on 23 April through CD Japan but presumably elsewhere too.
I have been very impressed by the SQ of the Blu Spec cds and the service from CD Japan.
I have on order the Blu Spec cd of Dylan Live at the Budokan but you are now tempting me to order Desire as well and which is very competitively priced as the LP is showing its age a bit.

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Barry, where do you order them from?

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
FYI
I haven't ordered anything from them recently but over the last 6 yrs a couple of doz discs. No issues.
Most were K2HD's then DVDA 192/24 2 ch

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
There is a new Blu spec cd of Desire coming out on 23 April through CD Japan but presumably elsewhere too.
I have been very impressed by the SQ of the Blu Spec cds and the service from CD Japan.
I have on order the Blu Spec cd of Dylan Live at the Budokan but you are now tempting me to order Desire as well and which is very competitively priced as the LP is showing its age a bit.

Thanks - I will forward your advice to my friend.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Now that the thread is more than two years old and the 2016 Nobel Prize in Literature has been awarded to American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan, for "having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition", are there are new recommendations for Desire in Hi-Rez?

kinch

Jan 7, 2014
Best recommendation for Dylan in Hi-Rez is..Live. Seen every set list for past 20 years. Never a Masters encore. At least not for years. People have no idea.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
The MoFi vinyl reissue currently available is excellent - spread over 2LP's which is a bit of a pain - 45rpm

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

kaassama

Mar 28, 2017

Thank you for the information. ;)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I am quietly reading the news here @ WBF on this morning of March 28, 2017 and I just stumbled on Bob Dylan 'Desire' album's read.
That is cool enough for me that I got up of my couch and I went to the back wall of my living room and on one of the shelves I picked it up...the studio version on Redbook. It's not a quality recording but it'll do just fine because I love that album. So thx for the recent above post up there. :cool: It's playing rigt now.

Music inspires ...

* Then I'll play the SACD version; I totally forgot about it, for few minutes.

But from my listening memory it's not the best version either.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
? https://www.discogs.com/Bob-Dylan-Desire/master/3911

That album was released on January 05, 1976 ... even if it says 1975 on the back cover and on the CD.
But it was recorded in 1975 ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desire_(Bob_Dylan_album)

This is great, in listening to it again; it makes my day ... Isis - Mozambique

[video=dailymotion;x4cijgs]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4cijgs_bob-dylan-03-mozambique_music[/video]

Abandoned Desire:

But wait...some LP versions were released in Canada and in the USA in 1975?
______

You believe in power? You believe in the power of music? You believe in history? You believe in life, in death, in desire?
This album brings a lot of stuff in my memories plus...it does full circle around up to today...

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
"Hot chili peppers in the blistering sun" I love that album. The MoFi 45 version has great dynamics, showing of the great drum work !

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Great stuff, that man is a true poet ! I even love his Religious albums," Slow train coming" is my favorite album of all times.
Most of Dire Straits when they where best as studio musicians, with a newly "energized " Bob Dylan. Some of those songs
will be gospel classics one day !

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
He as always been Special/weird.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing