Did you know THAT HIGH END AUDIO DOES NOT EXIST, too funny for words

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
This video certainly does not have high quality audio. (or video)

dallasjustice

Member Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Dallas, Texas
He lists every incendiary audio myth known to online forums.
Analogs sucks
Digital sucks
SACD is dead
Perfect source or it sucks (post hoc ergo propter hoc)
On and on.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I'm glad he finally cleared that up.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Is he on or off his meds?

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
for a sec I thought he was Raul Iruegas. I was was waiting for the tell... "Regards and enjoy the music"

he's got one thing right: "digital is abnormal" :p

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Is he really that wrong? His views of digital almost mirror mine and from what I've seen many others here. He's on the money with musicality or lack of when it comes to so many high end systems. How much frustration have we all had on the path to high end? How many still are?
david

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Isolate his comments about digital and he sounds like half the people on this forum.

Isolate his comments about vinyl and he sounds like the other half.

He's acknowledging (and IMO exaggerating) the flaws and weaknesses of the available media. We do it all the time. We just do it in camps that refuse to look at our own choices as critically as we do others'.

And of course none of this has much to do with the existence of "high end." We could fill this forum with discussions of "high end" gear that does not even qualify to be called high fidelity. But we've been there. Many times.

Tim

Last edited:

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
for a sec I thought he was Raul Iruegas. I was was waiting for the tell... "Regards and enjoy the music"

he's got one thing right: "digital is abnormal" :p

He did say the words "enjoy the music."

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
I enjoy music on my system whether it is digital or vinyl. The music moves me totally, regardless of format. Enjoying the music is the goal and really, the only thing that matters to me. You don't have to spend gobs of money to get a system that is emotionally involving. To me, that is the high end.

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Hey good one mate!

He should have acted in the new Noah movie; I personally think he would have overdone Russel Crow... since high end does not exist.

One good thing he did say which most sensible people would say either on or off meds is to "really enjoy your music".
Ok then, lets all enjoy our music.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I like this guy :). He has certain charm in the way he talks :). And good point about analog not being what it needs to be:i.e. noise free. No sound in nature has pops and clicks as he would say about digital :).

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I liked this guy as well! Unfortunately, he never did advocate his favorite source. 8 track? Cassette (w Dolby of course)? Two Dixie cups and a string? He's not saying, but two things are apparent. First- gotta love the drum set in the background- the guy is almost surely a musician. And most importantly, I think we finally figured out what Kris Kringle does the rest of the year.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I think his favorite source is live music.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing