Oscar Peterson - Exclusively for my Friends

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Anybody know any more about the tape release? Cost? Can you order single titles?

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Here is the email from Volker, with the details.

The following Oscar Peterson tapes available (Vol. 1-6) within 1-2 week after order:

Action
Girl talk
The way i realy play
My favorite instrument
Mellow mood
Travelin’ On

The records are from 1963 – 1968 made at the Label MPS.
The tape is slightly restored in pure analog to make shure ist sounds like it was made some years ago.
There was no digital work with. Just a little bit EQ was done.

Each Album comes with two metal reels and Studiomaster 468 Tape from RMG.
Speed: 15 ips / CCIR / 0.75 seperation track / red/white leader tape and yellow end tape.
Each Reel is in a printed box.
The price for each Album is 250,00 Euro.

If i know what you plan to order i will come back with shipping costs.

I'm ordering the set of six plus the three classical tapes he has for sale. BTW, the price is for customers outside the EU (no VAT).

Larry

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
I'm thinking seriously about ordering the oscar set as well.
Great to see these on tape!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Here is the email from Volker, with the details.

The following Oscar Peterson tapes available (Vol. 1-6) within 1-2 week after order:

Action
Girl talk
The way i realy play
My favorite instrument
Mellow mood
Travelin’ On

The records are from 1963 – 1968 made at the Label MPS.
The tape is slightly restored in pure analog to make shure ist sounds like it was made some years ago.
There was no digital work with. Just a little bit EQ was done.

Each Album comes with two metal reels and Studiomaster 468 Tape from RMG.
Speed: 15 ips / CCIR / 0.75 seperation track / red/white leader tape and yellow end tape.
Each Reel is in a printed box.
The price for each Album is 250,00 Euro.

If i know what you plan to order i will come back with shipping costs.

I'm ordering the set of six plus the three classical tapes he has for sale. BTW, the price is for customers outside the EU (no VAT).

Larry

Is it just me or doesn't Volker answer emails? :(

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Listened to some tracks via website -- very promising, indeed...some inviting performances :cool:
I wonder if they'll print a few tones on their tape :confused:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Listened to some tracks via website -- very promising, indeed...some inviting performances :cool:
I wonder if they'll print a few tones on their tape :confused:

Yes, I am fortunate to have over 20 Oscar Peterson albums including this set, and this set is one of my favorites.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Just received the 6 album set of the Oscar Peterson Exclusively for My Friends from Lutz Precision and Volker Lange from Europe on Reel to Reel tape. Each album is 2 tapes, 15ips and 2 track, CCIR EQ. They are real time dubs from the masters, so should be very good. I'll report back after I play them over the next few days. My tapes were numbered between 5 and 16 so not too many have been made so far.

Larry

tunes

Member Sponsor
Nov 9, 2013
Cool. Mine are on their way but have not yet arrived. Excited!!
Chris

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Does anyone other than me find Oscar's humming annoying? It sounds like a kazoo...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing