CAT Renaissance vs. CAT Legend?

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Better not ask lol.
My LS cables are multistrand high. Quality copper silver plated teflon insulated wires.
With pure copper ringconnectors i got from an electrician at work , its the same as internal wiring of the speaker.
Total cost 70 euro's per speaker.
Thats how i keep my speakers relatively low cost for the systemsize.
I only spend where it matters imo.

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Had a conversation today with Rudolf from callas audio,
Quit Interesting he said check your tubes first , and if solid state then Vitus audio.
Never heard it , afaik they have no dealers overhere.

So first the tubecheck and maybe maybe something else.
Found out today that i switched a tube lately and it was not put in correct , 1 tubesocket has the porcelein socket missing thus 1 pin wasnt in fully, it made contact but not optimal, its quit a bit better now switched some tubes as well.
Could well be that this is as good as it gets for me regarding amplification with the poweramp parked behind the door, i ll upgrade the tapedeck only may be, sell the studer and Telefunken and go new design ballfinger

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing