Any thoughts on Verity Audio Lohengrin II

bmarq

Dec 29, 2018
I have the Parsifal Anniversary and the first order crossover between the tweeter and midrange really creates the best timbre. I auditioned a number of blue chip speakers within it’s price class when I was in the market for speakers. While they all sounded great, the Verity’s just sounded more refined, natural and tonally correct in the midrange that I could not forget it once I heard it. I began judging other speakers with this reference/standard. This is not by coincidence as Julien has so eloquently described.

I want to qualify this though that speaker set up is very critical with this speaker. Get that wrong and it sounds nice and musical but would not be considered anything special by most listeners. But if you lock it in especially with the right toe-in (I have mine almost directly to my ears from 9 feet away) then the soundstage, detail, transparency all come into the fore without listening fatigue. The speakers come alive.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing