New cart in the house

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
This is my second one, very lightly used with about 150 hours. My current Coralstone work horse has close to 800 hours. The coral stone is purdy on this one...

Attachments

• CORALSTONE_1.jpg
    CORALSTONE_1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 617

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I have had good experiences buying used carts, including my Blue Angel Mantis and Clearaudio Sigma S. Thanks for the tip...

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
This is my second one, very lightly used with about 150 hours. My current Coralstone work horse has close to 800 hours. The coral stone is purdy on this one...

The pattern is pretty. What does your current Coralstone's body look like? FYI, I'll have the Azule Blue here in two or three weeks.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The pattern is pretty. What does your current Coralstone's body look like? FYI, I'll have the Azule Blue here in two or three weeks.

If Al decides that analog is for him, I would have no problem recommending the exact setup we heard in the Doshi/Paragon room at RMAF 2013. That was the Project table with the Azule Blue cartridge. I was mightily impressed with what I heard in that room with that setup. I don't know if the cartridge made the table sound so good or if the table made the cartridge sound so good. It was a dynamite combo.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
If Al decides that analog is for him, I would have no problem recommending the exact setup we heard in the Doshi/Paragon room at RMAF 2013. That was the Project table with the Azule Blue cartridge. I was mightily impressed with what I heard in that room with that setup. I don't know if the cartridge made the table sound so good or if the table made the cartridge sound so good. It was a dynamite combo.

If I ever decide for a stoned-Koetsu, the blue would be my first choice, I heard it at Tom's room (Triangle) and liked it!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
If I ever decide for a stoned-Koetsu, the blue would be my first choice, I heard it at Tom's room (Triangle) and liked it!

Oh yes, Tom is sending me his cartridge :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Stoned Koetsus are more mellow and often get the munchies.

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
It worked great on my 10.5" arm and even better on my 12". The Graham arms can handle virtually any low compliance cart.

depends. I have an early 9.5" phantom with the lighter ceramic wand. something like the coral stone is on the cusp of sub-optimal in my setup.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
depends. I have an early 9.5" phantom with the lighter ceramic wand. something like the coral stone is on the cusp of sub-optimal in my setup.

That could be. Both my arms are supreme's with the titanium armwands. My elite arm if it ever shows up has a bigger diameter more rigid tube. Koetsu performance on that arm is yet to be determined.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The best I've heard my Jade is on my Tri-planar Ultimate 2. TechDAS didn't have the template so I asked one from Tri. Tri sent TechDAS an actual jig. Coolness. :)

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
The best I've heard my Jade is on my Tri-planar Ultimate 2. TechDAS didn't have the template so I asked one from Tri. Tri sent TechDAS an actual jig. Coolness. :)

That is awesome and is how things should work in this business.

Bill Demars

Apr 28, 2010
East Greenbush, N.Y.
www.beautyofsound.com
I agree with you about the Doshi room and vinyl replay. Great sound.

etunes

Jan 8, 2012
Virginia Beach
cs.jpg

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

etunes

Jan 8, 2012
Virginia Beach
i had the heavier weight from SME for the V and never had an issue. I tried other options but liked the sound smiths mainly for ease of use.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing