Evolution Acoustics Lauches MMExact Lineup Of Loudspeakers

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
i'd say it simply is more detailed and refined. the delicacy, microdynamics, and inner texture is improved. a less processed, more open sound. more relaxed and involving.

and these issues are all positive traits of the MM3, which i consider a standard setter in these areas. the MM7/Exact simply takes it to another level. it's not subtle, it jumps out at you.

when i was at the designers home it only took about 5 seconds of a very familiar demo track to hear that difference from my MM3's. he was using my same (at that time) darTZeel electronics.

Thanks! :)

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
i'd say it simply is more detailed and refined. the delicacy, microdynamics, and inner texture is improved. a less processed, more open sound. more relaxed and involving.

and these issues are all positive traits of the MM3, which i consider a standard setter in these areas. the MM7/Exact simply takes it to another level. it's not subtle, it jumps out at you.

when i was at the designers home it only took about 5 seconds of a very familiar demo track to hear that difference from my MM3's. he was using my same (at that time) darTZeel electronics.

Thanks Mike... Interesting that your experience mimicked mine. As the MM3 as Mike described excels in the areas of sense of space, being able to extract the micro dynamics and realistic timbre of instruments, the MMExact allows it to do MORE of what it already does so well. It draws you further into the music and again as Mike says it's more relaxed and involving....

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
Well guys, many months have now past. Anyone care to update, possibly share some pics.

What does or do these set-ups comprise of? Seems that most EA owners go with DartZeel

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
1 evo.jpg

This is a pic of the MM3's with the Exacts. I have since sold the MM3's / Exacts & awaiting delivery of the MM7's.
I will say this, if not for upgrading to the flagship MM7's I would still own the MM3/Exacts & be perfectly happy, they were & are that good!
As in the previous threads ( Mike L & Ed S. ) I agree with their assessments..

I would also add the combo with darTZeel electronics is hard to argue with. Great Synergy!

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
Hi Rad,

great pic and space, thanks for sharing. Are those Ultra 5's under MM3's? If so what did you find to be the difference once added.

Congrats on you MM7 acquisition, when will you be getting them. What will you be driving them with, darts mono's and new pre?

TheAudioAssociation

Member Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Anaheim Hills, CA
Very nice Mr. Radca! Can't wait to see the next pic! MM7's baby!

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
Hi Dev,

Hope to take delivery the second week of November, can't wait!:D

I will be using the dart 108 to power them. The 108 will do great as the Sensitivity is 96db on the MM7's compared to 93db on the MM3's.

Would love to someday get the mono's but well, you know how it goes in this hobby, one thing at a time & some are out of reach. As far as the pre, of course the dart, I will do the upgrade when available.

On the Ultra 5's.. I've played around with quite a few different vibration controls on the speakers & electronics through the years. The best have been : Harmonix RF-999MT's, Wave Kinetics, & the Stillpoints.

I'm still in the process of determining which I prefer. I went from the Harmonix to the Wave Kinetics & was impressed with the Wave Kinetics so much I sold the Harmonix.

The Wave Kinetics 2ns & the A10-U8 are used under all my electronics. They are reasonably priced & preform as good as anything I've tried.

I like the Ultra 5's as well so far & I really can't tell much of a difference in my system & with my floor ( concrete ).

I do like the stability of the Ultra 5's but there is a big price difference between the WK 2ns & the Stillpoint ultra 5's.

Thank you for the compliments,

Gary

Audioman

Jan 3, 2015
Hello Rad,

Happy New Year and congrats on your MM7 purchase, I'm only guessing that you are enjoying them right now since you mentioned that you were expecting to receive them by the second week of November. I'm also guessing that the new MM-Exact line gets the MM2's and MM3's sounding much closer to the MM7 flagship. Just curious, how much is it for the MM-Exact upgrade? Also, any possibility that you post an updated photo showing your new MM7's? They must look great in your space and sound even better.

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
2.jpg Hi Audioman,

Happy New Year as well.
Yes I have been enjoying the MM7's for the last couple of months. extremely engaging, they just suck you into the music.
Of course I'm going through the usual set up & break-in period, but these speakers are very special, very impressed with them!
So musical, excellent macro & micro dynamics, really pull you into the recordings.

You are correct in say that the MM-Exacts line get you closer to the flagship MM7's ( MUCH CLOSER ), but saying this there is no substitute for the mid bass improvement in the 7's.
I would suggest contact Jonathan Tinn ( member here ) on the pricing of the Exacts.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
View attachment 18391 Hi Audioman,

Happy New Year as well.
Yes I have been enjoying the MM7's for the last couple of months. extremely engaging, they just suck you into the music.
Of course I'm going through the usual set up & break-in period, but these speakers are very special, very impressed with them!
So musical, excellent macro & micro dynamics, really pull you into the recordings.

You are correct in say that the MM-Exacts line get you closer to the flagship MM7's ( MUCH CLOSER ), but saying this there is no substitute for the mid bass improvement in the 7's.
I would suggest contact Jonathan Tinn ( member here ) on the pricing of the Exacts.

are there different MM7's as your sub tower seems half the size of Mike Lavigne's MM7

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
Oh yes, one more tidbit I do Plan on getting the other half of the woofer towers at some point!
Thank You,
Gary

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
Hi Steve,

Happy New Year,

I guess you could call them MM 7 JR's.
I hope by the end of spring to have the other half. But they do sound wonderful even in this configuration.

Gary

Audioman

Jan 3, 2015
Hello Rad,

Wow, your new MM7's look stunning in your room. Thank you for sharing this photo.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
View attachment 18391 Hi Audioman,

Happy New Year as well.

Wow RAD...you have built yourself quite the sound field !!! Congrats ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing