Brand Loyalty

Brand loyalty is fleeting at best, although it could last for decades with some. Those however are the exceptions. There is no brand loyalty today . You're only as good as your last attempt and the world is a much bigger place today with many more options.

Bingo.. If you look at brand loyalty on a global picture your spot on... Brand loyalty for audio equipment well, maybe for a class of 1% that can afford $20,000 plus speakers, I think with the push for high rez and/or music mobility in and around the home, brand loyalty ain't there thanks mainly to the ability to shop on the internet. There are just too many choices in a quarterly changing market for audio devices and music/video download sites that causes that once loyal customer to wonder for that better deal.

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
A funny thing in all this rivalry between Magico and Wilson.
Yesterday, in Italy, the distributor of Wilson announced the acquisition of Magico distribution too!

My 2 cents.

To me, all this rivalry between Wilson and Magico just mirrors the leadership the two brands have on the US market for reference loudspeaker design. Period.
Being reference products, and being them applied on a field that establish its roots on fidelity, 2 cleverly designed systems*, one with Wilson and one with Magico, should offer exciting results. All the surrounding flames are just time subtracted to music listening :p

It's curious to notice, anyway, how discussions are differently polarized here in the US, compared to Italy (where I used to live till Dec 2008).
In Italy, the most debated speakers are the B&W 800 series: why? because they're a wonderful concentration of R&D, all home manufactured, sold at a competitive price, BUT insanely demanding in amplification quality and muscles. So, some people love them, other hate them.
In Italy people are not "fighting" for Wilson vs Magico, because those speakers are just considered the undiscussed gotha. They are distributed by different companies, and Wilson are always demoed with ARC, VTL or D'Agostino, while Magico with Spectral or Boulder.
Competition between the two companies, anyway, has its positive outcomes: both companies are transferring their reference technologies to their less expensive products...

*I think that the quality of a system stays on the synergy of the components a system is assembled with. A well conceived system will always probably sound good (in the right room, obviously).

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I've been a Wilson owner for 25 years. In that time I have owned
WP 5.1
WP 6
MAXX l
X1 series lll
X2 series l
X2 series ll
XS
WATCH center, surround and rears

Need I say more.

Main

VR-4 Gen III
VR-4 SR Gen 1
VR-5 SE
VR-9 SE Mk1 upgraded to Mk2
VR-11 SE Mk2 later this year

HT
VR-4jr + TS Series
VR-4 SR Mk3 + VisiUN Series

Bedroom

VR-1
Unifield One
Unifield Three

Yeah, I'm pretty loyal too :D

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
A funny thing in all this rivalry between Magico and Wilson.
Yesterday, in Italy, the distributor of Wilson announced the acquisition of Magico distribution too!

Riccardo -Absolute sounds UK has both as well

BruceD

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing