United Home Audio Phase 11S deck has been ordered

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I recently abandoned my Studer A80/Doshi pre project in favor of Greg Beron's latest masterpiece...the UHA Phase 11S Playback model with outboard power supply. I will have about a 2 month wait until it arrives. It will look like this deck when finished. I am very excited to massively elevate my tape playback experience. :cool:

Attachments

• UHA Phase 11 with PS.jpg
    UHA Phase 11 with PS.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 927

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Lightweight, but looks great ... ;) What is the base machine behind this deck?

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
In what ways do you find the Tascam/UHA better, or is it hard to describe?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
In what ways do you find the Tascam/UHA better, or is it hard to describe?

every single part/component has been carefully thought about and addressed in this deck. There are no compromises. I have not heard this deck (Buying on faith), but many have heard the Phase 11 at shows and reviews.The usual comment...This is the best source playback device sound wise period. They are expensive.

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Yes. People are getting it. Don't waste your time in the past. Greg is the best source component designer in audio. I mean, come on... less than 30gs for the best. The best, how can you price that? I see all these refurb pics of studio decks and I shake my head. Nothing wrong with them, I own 8 of them, but UHA is pushing the outer limits. Congrats to Rocketman, he now understands the math.

Asamel

Jan 22, 2012
Philly
Christian it's an amazing machine. Respect.

Bruce in PA

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
The UHA decks that I have heard are the best source components that I have listened to. Pity that there isn't more software available.

I have the software. Making those connections is not easy... I am looking forward to cardiac level bass reproduction.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
I loved Peter B's comment on the sound of R to R in his review of the

UHA 11s: sound density and yet ease of presentation:- there is so much information coming at you but somehow its packaged in a delightfully natural way

Other playback technologies struggle to come close to this

Some vinyl and some digital

If memory serves me JV was blown away by UHA also, and he is very vinyl "bent"

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
My point exactly...not sure how far one can currently grow one's collection:(....leading to: pity there isn't more software available.

I'd rather have one Armani suit than twenty store brand suits. Besides how many do you actually listen to? It's nice to have 10,000 LPs but how many of those do you actually play? Usually but a fraction of that number. And it's not just availability but price. 150 reels is no small investment. It's certainly many times what Christian paid for his new deck.

And what might your suggestion be on how to increase availability?

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
I think a tape collection of around 100 mastertape copies is perfect. I agree with Myles, quality over quantity.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing