T.H.E. Show Newport 2014-Who's Going

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I will be attending this year once again as I find this to not only be one of my favorite audio shows but the venue is only a 20 minute drive from my home. Just like last year, it is my intent to hold several evening meet and greet festivities at my home on Friday and Saturday evenings and possibly Sunday afternoon for those friends and members who will be attending T.H.E. Show and want to get together for some light snacks, refreshments and a chance to listen to some music. I am hoping to make this an annual event. It was well received last year and because of space constraints in my listening room I'd like to get an idea as to who would like to meet back at my house and to indicate whether Friday evening, Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon is when you will attend

It was a lot of fun last year meeting so many of you and I look forward to opening my house and doing the same this year.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I'd be interested in either Fri, Sat or both; I probably won't have transportation, though, and will probably have a friend with me Sat.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Trying to take the day off and go Friday....but def going on Sunday. Sunday is the best day to hear what you want with tons of space.

I'll bring good, fresh music as always doc :)

Steve Williams

Trying to take the day off and go Friday....but def going on Sunday. Sunday is the best day to hear what you want with tons of space.

I'll bring good, fresh music as always doc :)

Keith

you know there are so many stories behind music that you have recommended to me, the biggest of which IMO was Duende by Black Light Syndrome. That track because of you has found its way into many audio libraries. I always demo it to people who want to give their system a workout

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Keith

you know there are so many stories behind music that you have recommended to me, the biggest of which IMO was Duende by Black Light Syndrome. That track because of you has found its way into many audio libraries. I always demo it to people who want to give their system a workout

I have that disc and another of theirs and should rip them, but only after treating them. Some good demo tracks.

Will miss the show because I'll be out east for a few things. By the way, didn't see you here last weekend. Did you catch our system?

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I will definitely be there Friday and Sunday. have some good new tunes to bring to the rooms as well- no Krall/Cohen policy here :)

re: Black Light Syndrome, have Nearfield Pipedreams to thank for that- they played it on all Vac electronics back at the SF Stereophile show and it sound great then. The KEF room is always a good place to find new music in recent years. "Bliss" being the latest that he played for me (and likely will be on my demo list). That dude is so cool as well- last year, I brought Daft Punk and we had crowds filling into the room.

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
My spouse and I will attend Friday through Sunday.
See you, there :D

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Everyone be sure to attend the Sunday seminar on "Digital Provenance" with Cookie Marenco, Andreas Koch and myself. Should be a hoot!

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
I will be attending this year once again as I find this to not only be one of my favorite audio shows but the venue is only a 20 minute drive from my home. Just like last year, it is my intent to hold several evening meet and greet festivities at my home on Friday and Saturday evenings and possibly Sunday afternoon for those friends and members who will be attending T.H.E. Show and want to get together for some light snacks, refreshments and a chance to listen to some music. I am hoping to make this an annual event. It was well received last year and because of space constraints in my listening room I'd like to get an idea as to who would like to meet back at my house and to indicate whether Friday evening, Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon is when you will attend

It was a lot of fun last year meeting so many of you and I look forward to opening my house and doing the same this year.

Hi Steve,

Things were a bit crazy with the crazy surround system I was assembling for Axpona last month and I didn't get to check in here before the show. After pulling together so much for Axpona I made the decision to give THE Show Newport a chance this year, and I'll be setup with a small multi-channel system in room 635. Be sure to swing by to say hi, and I'd love to see if we can find some time to check out your new room before I head back out of town Monday afternoon.

Steve Williams

Hi Mark

I'm happy for you that you have a system being shown at THE Show and for sure I will stop by to say hello. You're more than welcome to come by any time that is convenient for you. I live ~20 minutes from the venue

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Everyone be sure to attend the Sunday seminar on "Digital Provenance" with Cookie Marenco, Andreas Koch and myself. Should be a hoot!

Are they going to discuss all of the Tomfoolery going on with RB digital being upsampled and it suddenly becomes Hi-Rez or DSD?

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Care to expand on how you know there is "Tomfoolery" going on in the up-sampling.
Because upsampling doesn't make 16/44.1 PCM hires or DSD...

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing