Enigma Veyron System

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I think I'm in a bad mood :mad: looking at this stuff! Actually Audioline, I think it's a step down in design than the prev top of the line it's replacing. Seems a little too "smoothed out", the previous one was a lot butcher, this looks like it's been on the fat free frozen yoghurt. And big racks of mono amps that look a little, well, '80's. Hell, get a pair of SOTA horns, and some tube amps, and be done. The cost of the GOTO/TAD compression drivers alone alone on on the Magico Ultimates 2 make it's $600k price understandable. And I'd be really surprised if the Cessaro Liszts being driven by SOTA tube amps like the Koda K70s (total price $200k) would lose out to these. Nothing will convince me that a collection of drivers in the usual box w/a stack of amps is SOTA, and worth this entry price. But of course, that's just me.

I've read your earlier comments...and i think i would make some distinctions where i do agree with you (as would many here i imagine). Personally, I am happy when designers push the envelope on performance because there are audiophiles out there willing to pay for performance. And i am the beneficiary of trickle down in instances here, and i DEFINITELY like that!

At the same time, your concern is that designers may be just building a mediocre box and charging 4x because some greater fool out there will pay it. And yes, i have 0 tolerance for that (for my own wallet anyway...though if there are people who buy it...well, that's business!).

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Another very expensive system.
I don't know if they've built any speakers at all, I've never seen a picture of any Concierto speaker.

THE EPIC MASTER AUDIO SYSTEM - $2,400,000

Concierto presents the pinnacle of ultra high-end music systems. This unique 8 way ultra high-resolution music reproduction masterpiece consist of four massive towers featuring forty-four custom drivers working in perfect harmony with the exclusive Epic Active Crossover and massive Epic Monoblocks featuring twelve channels of amplification in each chassis.

The Concierto Epic Master Audio System provides a lifetime achievement for sound reproduction. The experience of just one recording under five minutes will mark any listener for life. The hand-crafted Epic Master Audio System will be made to order and it takes one year to custom built it. The Epic Audio System will be available December 2015.

http://conciertomusicsystems.com/MUSIC MASTERPIECES.htm

I checked out their equipment when I was looking for active crossovers. I decided on the Pass Labs.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I checked out their equipment when I was looking for active crossovers. I decided on the Pass Labs.

Did you manage to hear their equipment? Just curious...not heard of them before.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Small price for wizard effort. Just like this site that need support for its maintenance .

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing