Enigma Veyron System

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Talk about State of the Art...quite cool looking! Thanks for posting! Whats the ticket price for entry?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Talk about State of the Art...quite cool looking! Thanks for posting! Whats the ticket price for entry?

I'm sure it's one of those "If you have to ask..." deals.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Is this really what the high end is about, lifestyle, w.crazy prices to match? Just appeal to the well heeled in China, Russia and the emerging economies? I have NO respect for these companies. YMMV obv, depending on how deep your wallet/hedge fund is.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Kharma don't think they can fool US citizens into buying into this fantasy, they don't even have representation in the States. If the Audio Exotics crowd are anything to go by, they'll buy buy buy this stuff, then sell sell sell (prob for the Veyron Mk2 at $2M). I know I'd rather have the actual Veyron automobile for the $1M being asked.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Is this really what the high end is about, lifestyle, w.crazy prices to match? Just appeal to the well heeled in China, Russia and the emerging economies? I have NO respect for these companies. YMMV obv, depending on how deep your wallet/hedge fund is.
Interesting post, spiritofmusic. Something to make us think.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

I think you are looking at this the wrong way. If you want to be in the high-end audio manufacturing business and you want to design, manufacture, and sell audio gear at the edge of the art, you have to know who your prospective customers are. Just because you and I can't afford it doesn't mean it shouldn't be made. Some of us benefit from the trickle-down products that come from the SOTA products. Some people wait until the SOTA products get a few years on them and buy them used for half price. Why shouldn't high-end manufacturers sell their SOTA gear to any market demographic that has the money and desire to buy their products? Smart companies always follow the money.

I can't afford a new Ferrari either, but that doesn't mean I have no respect for Ferrari.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I think you are looking at this the wrong way. If you want to be in the high-end audio manufacturing business and you want to design, manufacture, and sell audio gear at the edge of the art, you have to know who your prospective customers are. Just because you and I can't afford it doesn't mean it shouldn't be made. Some of us benefit from the trickle-down products that come from the SOTA products. Some people wait until the SOTA products get a few years on them and buy them used for half price. Why shouldn't high-end manufacturers sell their SOTA gear to any market demographic that has the money and desire to buy their products? Smart companies always follow the money.

I can't afford a new Ferrari either, but that doesn't mean I have no respect for Ferrari.

Agree with MEP. I am all about trickle-down...95% of my whole system is 2nd hand trickle-down from other people who led the charge and bought yesterday's SOTA new. Cents on the dollar for me. Thank goodness for that.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'm sorry gentlemen, but I beg to disagree. I believe this stuff is neither more groundbreaking, or much more expensive to make than SOTA stuff today. It may even not be SOTA. These companies are taking a price point and doubling it, tripling it, hell whatever multiple they want to use and the uber market will bear. I don't really see where the trickle down is. What, to lower priced Kharmas? This is a loaded term re high end pricing.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I think I'm in a bad mood :mad: looking at this stuff! Actually Audioline, I think it's a step down in design than the prev top of the line it's replacing. Seems a little too "smoothed out", the previous one was a lot butcher, this looks like it's been on the fat free frozen yoghurt. And big racks of mono amps that look a little, well, '80's. Hell, get a pair of SOTA horns, and some tube amps, and be done. The cost of the GOTO/TAD compression drivers alone alone on on the Magico Ultimates 2 make it's $600k price understandable. And I'd be really surprised if the Cessaro Liszts being driven by SOTA tube amps like the Koda K70s (total price $200k) would lose out to these. Nothing will convince me that a collection of drivers in the usual box w/a stack of amps is SOTA, and worth this entry price. But of course, that's just me.

audioline

Mar 24, 2013
Denmark
I think I'm in a bad mood :mad: looking at this stuff! Actually Audioline, I think it's a step down in design than the prev top of the line it's replacing. Seems a little too "smoothed out", the previous one was a lot butcher, this looks like it's been on the fat free frozen yoghurt. And big racks of mono amps that look a little, well, '80's. Hell, get a pair of SOTA horns, and some tube amps, and be done. The cost of the GOTO/TAD compression drivers alone alone on on the Magico Ultimates 2 make it's $600k price understandable. And I'd be really surprised if the Cessaro Liszts being driven by SOTA tube amps like the Koda K70s (total price $200k) would lose out to these. Nothing will convince me that a collection of drivers in the usual box w/a stack of amps is SOTA, and worth this entry price. But of course, that's just me.

I totally agree on the price, it's crazy and Way out off reach for me. But still I like the lines on the speakers, and if you have room for the speakers you might also have room for the amps :)

wizard

Oct 17, 2010
wizard-highend.blogspot.com
Another very expensive system.
I don't know if they've built any speakers at all, I've never seen a picture of any Concierto speaker.

THE EPIC MASTER AUDIO SYSTEM - $2,400,000

Concierto presents the pinnacle of ultra high-end music systems. This unique 8 way ultra high-resolution music reproduction masterpiece consist of four massive towers featuring forty-four custom drivers working in perfect harmony with the exclusive Epic Active Crossover and massive Epic Monoblocks featuring twelve channels of amplification in each chassis.

The Concierto Epic Master Audio System provides a lifetime achievement for sound reproduction. The experience of just one recording under five minutes will mark any listener for life. The hand-crafted Epic Master Audio System will be made to order and it takes one year to custom built it. The Epic Audio System will be available December 2015.

http://conciertomusicsystems.com/MUSIC%20MASTERPIECES.htm

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing