Stillpoints ALWAYS work great under speakers?

caesar

May 30, 2010
Stillpoints always work great under speakers?

Any one try it and then yank them?

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com

I did - but that's because my speakers already have a suspension, and the Stillpoints technology might conflict with mine. I have an acrylic suspension frame that needs to be coupled to the floor. The decoupling is from the speaker to the frame. The Stillpoints might have worked between the speaker and the frame, but then I lose a great story to tell: that the speakers are earthquake proof.

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Clx

I tried them under my CLXs and took them out after two days smaller sound stage and I did not like the sound speakers are on a thin carpet on a slate floor over concert. Did not work for me at all.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I heard them under a friend's pair of Wilson Alexias and thought they were pretty good after a short listen, but it was not a huge improvement. The owner has since removed them and has not tried them again. Perhaps he will some time in the future. With the exception of this friend, they have pretty much been universally praised under Wilsons in this forum.

I tried them under my speakers and did not like them at all. As soon as I shared my observations on this forum, I was attacked for not following the proper set up procedure. But I had been told to experiment with them until I found the right orientation and location. I'm still confused. I won't be trying them again under my current speakers.

Garth

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Clx

I heard them under a friend's pair of Wilson Alexias and thought they were pretty good after a short listen, but it was not a huge improvement. The owner has since removed them and has not tried them again. Perhaps he will some time in the future. With the exception of this friend, they have pretty much been universally praised under Wilsons in this forum.

I tried them under my speakers and did not like them at all. As soon as I shared my observations on this forum, I was attacked for not following the proper set up procedure. But I had been told to experiment with them until I found the right orientation and location. I'm still confused. I won't be trying them again under my current speakers.

I tried them threaded all the way in and backed off so only the threads had contact. I wonder if they work best under heavy speakers just a thought. some things work some things do not in any given system. They changed the sound but not for the better IMO.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing