DMA 260 just arrived, before operating

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
I just received my beloved DMA 260.
Great machine.
Reading the user manual, on "BEFORE OPERATING THE DMA 260" paragraph, there is one point which has aroused curiosity.. Spectral says:

point Nr. 6 Following competition of all input connections and prior to loudspeaker connection, apply power to the amplifier. Allow approximately 10 minutes for the DMA 260 to initialize.

10 minutes for initialize? What?

any of you have followed these instructions?

I drive the DMA 260 with the Totaldac D1 dual/Reclocker combo with magnificent results

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I just received my beloved DMA 260.
Great machine.
Reading the user manual, on "BEFORE OPERATING THE DMA 260" paragraph, there is one point which has aroused curiosity.. Spectral says:

point Nr. 6 Following competition of all input connections and prior to loudspeaker connection, apply power to the amplifier. Allow approximately 10 minutes for the DMA 260 to initialize.

10 minutes for initialize? What?

any of you have followed these instructions?

I drive the DMA 260 with the Totaldac D1 dual/Reclocker combo with magnificent results

sounds like they recommend a 10 minute warm up before operation

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
I placed a call to Spectral after reading the same note in the manual when I installed my DMA-260. The engineer I spoke to mentioned that the note was to ensure that any fault in the system could observed prior to connecting the speakers. It is cautionary statement and has nothing to due with the performance of the amplifier.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
I placed a call to Spectral after reading the same note in the manual when I installed my DMA-260. The engineer I spoke to mentioned that the note was to ensure that any fault in the system could observed prior to connecting the speakers. It is cautionary statement and has nothing to due with the performance of the amplifier.

thanks.
In any case I didn't respect the warning. :)
DMA 260 associated with Totoldac is a great synergy, refined sound with a lot of details and harmonics.
DMA 260 is really different project than old spectral line. I mean, is immediately identifiable as its predecessors, speed, detail, but in 260, there are a lot more information and sweetness.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing