Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637
Results 361 to 369 of 369

Thread: La Assoluta

  1. #361
    VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Essex UK
    Posts
    1,218
    Don't disagree with Lloyd's comment but I am hearing very good reports of the Olympus Tellus with the grounding to the mains earth pin and earth cables to amp and sources

  2. #362
    Addicted to Best!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry2013 View Post
    Don't disagree with Lloyd's comment but I am hearing very good reports of the Olympus Tellus with the grounding to the mains earth pin and earth cables to amp and sources
    I am probably at least 1 to 1.5 generations out of date on Entreq since Receivus was really my last serious time with Entreq. the only thing i have done since that generation of products was the Everest which just went in a few weeks ago...and they are here to stay!
    Speaker: Wilson X1/Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amps: CJ GAT/Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable: SC/IC:TA Opus 5/RefMM2 PC:PAD25th/Sablon GCUber
    16 Isolation 'Sandwiches': Under: HRS/Stillpoints/Auralex Top: HRS/Artesania/Entreq/EAT/90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground/Shield: 4 x 16A Lines w/ Furutech Outlets / Burmester948/NordostQX4 / Tripoint (TroySig+Thor) / Entreq (Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap)
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex7308 Mullard(6922 6CA4 6X4) TeleE88CC

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by LL21 View Post
    I have been in situations like this, where i had figured out that the system needed one additional piece to get it right, but we had to wait for it to arrive...so until then, we could move one piece around to make up for it...but then we lost something someplace else in the sound...so we had to live with either 1 of 2 compromises until the new piece could arrive.

    In your case, we can only wait to see if in fact it is this unshielded cable is in fact the issue by finally trialing a set of 2m shielded cables. And THEN (if your trial is using someone else's set), there is the wait to get your pair.

    Does it seem like other than this whiteness, you feel your system is achieving what you want it to achieve?
    This forceful whiteness is annoying but the answer to your question is an absolute yes!

    I knew that the Tidal LA loudspeakers have huge potential and that I was only scratching the surface of it before all the changes I described earlier in this thread. When I started playing after all the changes in the power regulation and grounding plane the first thing that I noticed was the following: the foundation of the system is so much more solid. To put it into other words: it seems like my (wooden) floor is reinforced with big slabs of concrete.

    The second aspect that was immediately noticeble was the silence in between the musical notes. The noisefloor has been lowered very significantly. As a consequence the system has gained considerably in serenity.

    Thirdly the transparency of the LA system is out of this world. The LA's are so 'quiet' of themselves that any gain in the noisefloor translates into hearing incredible (small) microdetails that are laid bare as never before.

    Lowering the noisefloor increases - perceived - power and dynamics. The dynamic swings are tremendous, that is the contrast between soft(er) and loud(er) parts in the music, are so impressive while musical passages that are being played softly can much more easily be heared and appreciated than before.

    Furthermore the LA system seems to be faster than before all the changes. I do not know whether there is a technical explanation for this feeling of additional speed, but I am definately experiencing it. You will love how our (non-oversampling) Zanden combo all of sudden 'knocks you on the head'. In the beginning I was really startled with the sudden shifts in the musical presentation.

    Possibly due to all the grounding steps the refinement in the musical presentation is the best I have heard anywhere in my life. The Kondo preamp and poweramps I am using have always been 'kings' in this respect but now I can hear for the first time how phenomenal they really are in this respect. And the LA's are like a microscope: they let you see/feel/hear everything.

    And last but not least: a very wide and deep soundstage. Grounding the LA's adds to the soundstage dimensions significantly, creates this lovely and addictive 3d presentation as well as tributes in a significant way to the purity of the musical presentation.

    So in short the system sounds more real than I have ever experienced before.
    Last edited by Audiocrack; 11-20-2016 at 11:45 AM.

  4. #364
    Addicted to Best!
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiocrack View Post
    This forceful whiteness is annoying but the answer to your question is an absolute yes!

    I knew that the Tidal LA loudspeakers have huge potential and that I was only scratching the surface of it before all the changes I described earlier in this thread. When I started playing after all the changes in the power regulation and grounding plane the first thing that I noticed was the following: the foundation of the system is so much more solid. To put it into other words: it seems like my (wooden) floor is reinforced with big slabs of concrete.

    The second aspect that was immediately noticeble was the silence in between the musical notes. The noisefloor has been lowered very significantly. As a consequence the system has gained considerably in serenity.

    Thirdly the transparency of the LA system is out of this world. The LA's are so 'quiet' of themselves that any gain in the noisefloor translates into hearing incredible (small) microdetails that are laid bare as never before.

    Lowering the noisefloor increases - perceived - power and dynamics. The dynamic swings are tremendous, that is the contrast between soft(er) and loud(er) parts in the music, are so impressive while musical passages that are being played softly can much more easily be heared and appreciated than before.

    Furthermore the LA system seems to be faster than before all the changes. I do not know whether there is a technical explanation for this feeling of additional speed, but I am definately experiencing it. You will love how our (non-oversampling) Zanden combo all of sudden 'knocks you on the head'. In the beginning I was really startled with the sudden shifts in the musical presentation.

    Possibly due to all the grounding steps the refinement in the musical presentation is the best I have heard anywhere in my life. The Kondo preamp and poweramps I am using have always been 'kings' in this respect but now I can hear for the first time how phenomenal they really are in this respect. And the LA's are like a microscope: they let you see/feel/hear everything.

    And last but not least: a very wide and deep soundstage. Grounding the LA's adds to the soundstage dimensions significantly, creates this lovely and addictive 3d presentation as well as tributes in a significant way to the purity of the musical presentation.

    So in short the system sounds more real than I have ever experienced before.
    Wow...coming from you and having heard your system (many generations ago and not even the LAs!) i can only imagine. That is fantastic...and i have to admit, i am personally very gratified to see that an audiophile of such remarkable discernment continues to find magic in the Zanden 4-box digital...

    ...btw, i do have to speak with you at some point a bit more about the change in oscillator crystal again. But coming back to your system...that is great news and frankly i sense that you are quite close to solving this whiteness...
    Speaker: Wilson X1/Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amps: CJ GAT/Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable: SC/IC:TA Opus 5/RefMM2 PC:PAD25th/Sablon GCUber
    16 Isolation 'Sandwiches': Under: HRS/Stillpoints/Auralex Top: HRS/Artesania/Entreq/EAT/90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground/Shield: 4 x 16A Lines w/ Furutech Outlets / Burmester948/NordostQX4 / Tripoint (TroySig+Thor) / Entreq (Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap)
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex7308 Mullard(6922 6CA4 6X4) TeleE88CC

  5. #365
    For those who are interested a very recent Stereophile link regarding the Tidal Akira: https://youtu.be/01PsVZ4dPxk

  6. #366
    I do not know how easy/difficult it will be to actually visit the Tidal La Assoluta room and get a listen to the LA loudspeakers at the next Munich high end show, but I report it anyway.

    Name:  TIDAL-Assoluta-Invitation.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  201.3 KB

  7. #367
    The La Assoluta loudspeakers will be played in Munich in closed demonstrations. Reservations are therefore mandatory.

  8. #368
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiocrack View Post
    The La Assoluta loudspeakers will be played in Munich in closed demonstrations. Reservations are therefore mandatory.
    I did my reservation. There is no way I miss it.
    Speakers: Tidal Contriva G2;
    Amplifiers: Audiopax Maggiore M50 and L50;
    Digital: Lampizator Big7 ;micro Rendu; Sonictransport with Roon and PC with HQPlayer;
    Cables: Sablon Reserva Power Cables; Schnerzinger X2000 IC and Speaker Cables with Schnerzinger powered Cleaners.

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by joaovieira View Post
    I did my reservation. There is no way I miss it.
    Very good. Have fun!

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •