Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041

Thread: La Assoluta

Quote Originally Posted by LL21 View Post
    hey Audiocrack, how are you! Do you use them in both your Zanden Transport and DAC PSU boxes? What are the actual fuse you uses for each Zanden PSU (exact model/details) so I make sure to order the right ones for each box if i decide to try? Thanks!
    Hello Lloyd, I am fine thank you and I hope the same applies to you and your wife.

As regards the Audio Refine fuses: I am impressed by and use them in both Zanden units but need to check the exact fuse value. I cannot do this at the moment because both units are up and running. You likely will not regret to give the AR fuses a try, Lloyd. On the audiophile fuse thread I described what the AR fuses are doing in my system, in particularly when I inserted this fuse in my Kondo preamp. Would order them in the same value as you are using right now: price of admission is low (23 euro per fuse) and possible benefits are great.

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiocrack View Post
    Hello Lloyd, I am fine thank you and I hope the same applies to you and your wife.

As regards the Audio Refine fuses: I am impressed by and use them in both Zanden units but need to check the exact fuse value. I cannot do this at the moment because both units are up and running. You likely will not regret to give the AR fuses a try, Lloyd. On the audiophile fuse thread I described what the AR fuses are doing in my system, in particularly when I inserted this fuse in my Kondo preamp. Would order them in the same value as you are using right now: price of admission is low (23 euro per fuse) and possible benefits are great.
    Fantastic! Feel free to post the values here or email. Thank you! Enjoy the Zanden!
    Speaker Wilson X1 / Velodyne DD18+
    Source Zanden 4Box Digital
    Amp CJ GAT 2 / Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable SC/IC / PC TA Opus Gen5/MM2 / PAD25th/Sablon GCUber
    Isolation Sandwiches Under: HRS/Stillpoints/Auralex Top: HRS/Artesania/Entreq/EAT/90kg Mass
    Power/Ground/Shield 7 x 16A Furutech / Burmester948+NordostQX4 / Tripoint TroySig+Thor / Entreq Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap
    Room/Tube Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex Mullard Telefunken
    Headphone Arcam rHead/ApogeeGroove / Sennheiser650

Have been playing with this idea for quite some time now but I have decided to try out Kondo's top of the line poweramps, the Kagura's, with my Tidal La Assoluta loudspeakers. Still love my Gakuoh set amps but I want to find out what more power will bring to the table in my LA set up, in particular while playing big orchestral pieces such as for example the Bruckner and Mahler symphonies.

I played with 211 based Kondo amps in the past (the Gakuons). At that time I preferred the 300b based Gakuohs to the Gakuons but the Kagura's are of much more recent vintage. Curious to find out if the more powerful Kagura's might be a better match with my (non horn) LA's and whether these 211 Kondo amps can sound as refined, pure, unmechanical and inviting as the 300b Kondo amps.

I have experience with Tidal with the Piano and Contriva lines. I own now a Contriva G2.
    I have heard them with solid states amps. Friends have heard them with many amps in Munich during many shows.
    But my opinion and their's is that Tidal is made for Tube amps. Or is it just that I am a tube guy?
    Love them with my Audiopax amps. Bass is amazing.
    Speakers: Tidal Contriva G2;
    Amplifiers: Audiopax Maggiore M50 and L50;
    Digital: Aqua Formula DAC; Ultra Rendu; Windows PC with Roon and HQPlayer;
    Cables: Sablon Reserva Power Cables and Curious USB; Schnerzinger X2000 IC and Speaker Cables with Schnerzinger powered Cleaners.

Quote Originally Posted by joaovieira View Post
    I have experience with Tidal with the Piano and Contriva lines. I own now a Contriva G2.
    I have heard them with solid states amps. Friends have heard them with many amps in Munich during many shows.
    But my opinion and their's is that Tidal is made for Tube amps. Or is it just that I am a tube guy?
    Love them with my Audiopax amps. Bass is amazing.
    Possibly we are both tube guys!

Tidal is producing their own high quality solid state amps and they definately prefer solid state amplification to tube amplification with their loudspeakers.

The conditions at Munich high end show are quite difficult for manufacturors so one should be careful to draw definitive conclusions based on the demonstrations there.

Tidal is nearly ready with its new state of the art (dedicated) listening room in Cologne. The LA's will be on more or less permanent demonstration in combination various Tidal (solid state) (pre)amps, Tidal Camira (their new digital device) and Tidal cabling. Jorn has invited me to come over once this room is finished. So I will likely visit them later this year and have a chance to listen to some of the Tidal loudspeakers with various Tidal amps and find out how this combination will sound.

Keep enjoying your (tube based) Tidal system!

Here is a link to an interview with the ceo of Tidal as well as a description by an audio reviewer of a system in Germany built around the Tidal La Assoluta loudspeakers and with solid state (Dartzeel) amplification as well as quite a few interesting/nice pictures (text is translated into English):

http://www.tidal-audio.com/wp-conten...F32_web_EN.pdf
    Last edited by Audiocrack; 08-31-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041