Restore Google Chrome Browser Scroll Bars and Buttons

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Google changed the scroll bars on Chrome in January in an attempt to unify its look with ChromeOS. In the process, they are now much harder to see and the up/down arrows are gone. Talk about a mistake. Even a casual usability test would have told them what a bad idea this was.

They claim they cannot revert this back. Yet, there are simple extensions that people have written that do exactly that. Here is the one I am running: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/win7-scrollbars/cifcnoebhbpdndjendfkpehpfbglgfkc

It converts the scroll back to the embossed look that Windows has which is much more visible. And brings back the step up/down arrows. This is what they will look like:

Note that it only works on new windows you open or when you restart Chrome.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Thanks Amir!

I did not realize it had changed but just knew it was a PIA it scroll with the pointer. Now it's much bigger. Thank you.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
You are welcome. The first time it happened to me I thought something was broken on my machine as I could not even find the scroll bars.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing