Micro Seiki AP M1. Anybody heard this Turntbable?

jpetek

Feb 12, 2013
How good is this turntable against a new turntables like a SME 30 or a big Transrotor?

Josef

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Are you the guy from Thailand that owns every Micro Seiki known to man?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
How good is this turntable against a new turntables like a SME 30 or a big Transrotor?

Josef

It's an excellent table, sonically more neutral and balanced than the SME, specially in the critical mid and lower bass areas where Micros generally excel. Not as good as the SX-8000 and for similar money I'd go for a RX-5000 that is a lot more flexible and can take 12" arms.

Never had a Transrotor.

david

jpetek

Feb 12, 2013
Hello david,

thank you for the answer. I have the possibility to buy a AP or I can buy a Kuzma Stabi M.

A friend of mine has the RX 5000. A good turntable but I think the Kuzma is better. If the AP is not better than the RX then I think it is better to go with the Kuzma.

Josef

Bye the way I am from Germany

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Hello david,

thank you for the answer. I have the possibility to buy a AP or I can buy a Kuzma Stabi M.

A friend of mine has the RX 5000. A good turntable but I think the Kuzma is better. If the AP is not better than the RX then I think it is better to go with the Kuzma.

Josef

Bye the way I am from Germany

Hi Joseph, sonically it's a little different from the RX-5000, it's both fuller and richer sounding but you're limited to one tonearm, that was my point. I don't know which Kuzma you're talking about but head to head it's far better sounding than the Stabi M. I don't like the XL4 and never heard the XL2 that some prefer.

What don't you like about RX-5000?

jpetek

Feb 12, 2013
Hi David,

this one:

http://www.kuzma.si/stabi-m.html

I think this one is better than the XL2 or 4. Why? The Stabi M is more lifelike and this is the main difference between the Micro and the Kuzma.

The Micro has the MAX 282 the Kuzma the 4point. I do not think that the difference between both tonearms is soo big. The MAX has not the origin cables but better ones.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Hi David,

this one:

http://www.kuzma.si/stabi-m.html

I think this one is better than the XL2 or 4. Why? The Stabi M is more lifelike and this is the main difference between the Micro and the Kuzma.

The Micro has the MAX 282 the Kuzma the 4point. I do not think that the difference between both tonearms is soo big. The MAX has not the origin cables but better ones.

I'm surprised that you found the Kuzma more life like, but I don't know anything about your friend's setup. There's a big difference in the tonearms, again I find he 282 superior. Better cables? I hope not silver.

bye the way I thought the AP M1 has the same class as a RX 8000 ....

There's no RX-8000. The 8000 models were air bearing and the prefix was SX-8000 and the AP-1 is very different from the SX-8000 models. First its not air bearing and 2nd is limited to one 9" - 10" arm. I have all the high end micro seiki tables in stock, including the AP-1. For a minimalist living room system I'd recommend the AP-1. It sounds great and is very attractive and compact but for the true audiophile, RX-5000, SX-8000 and up. You won't go wrong with any of them.

david

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing