Bybee Technologies Super Effect IC/Phono Bullets

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Anyone try these ? I am curious...especially for the phono cable rca outs.

Leave them alone, not for a system at your level, and the worst combination with your A90. Look somewhere else in your system if you think you need to improve the sound of your analog front end.

david

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Leave them alone, not for a system at your level, and the worst combination with your A90. Look somewhere else in your system if you think you need to improve the sound of your analog front end.

david

you have tried them ? I know Purity Audio Design's top preamps use bybee purifiers and buss rails internally. I can't imagine he would use them in his statement pre's if they didn't do anything good. I'm looking at these as I am doing the final fine tuning of the system. I don't find anything lacking, just looking for more. Regarding the A90, I haven't used it for over 2 years as I find Koetsu and Dynavector more musically satisfying.

On another note, do you use the poron record platter mat on your SS upper platter on the AF1 ? I ordered the SS platter, but the mat was extra and not included.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
you have tried them ? I know Purity Audio Design's top preamps use bybee purifiers and buss rails internally. I can't imagine he would use them in his statement pre's if they didn't do anything good. I'm looking at these as I am doing the final fine tuning of the system. I don't find anything lacking, just looking for more. Regarding the A90, I haven't used it for over 2 years as I find Koetsu and Dynavector more musically satisfying.

On another note, do you use the poron record platter mat on your SS upper platter on the AF1 ? I ordered the SS platter, but the mat was extra and not included.

Its not that they don't do anything, its the things that they do that I don't like. Purity Audio isn't on my top ten list!

I didn't know that the SS platter was offered without the pour on materials, mine has it, its the one on the table and aluminum one is in the box;

_DSF7582-2.jpg

Attachments

• _DSF7582-2.jpg
    _DSF7582-2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 359

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Its not that they don't do anything, its the things that they do that I don't like. Purity Audio isn't on my top ten list!

I didn't know that the SS platter was offered without the pour on materials, mine has it, its the on on the table and aluminum one is in the box;

View attachment 14823

Can you give me a better idea on what the bybee does to the sound that you do not like ?

do you still prefer the SS platter over the Duralumin platter ? I am looking forward to the different sound profile.

Thanks for your input David.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Can you give me a better idea on what the bybee does to the sound that you do not like ?

do you still prefer the SS platter over the Duralumin platter ? I am looking forward to the different sound profile.

Thanks for your input David.

Yes, I do like the Stainless Steel platter better, its a more articulate, detailed, deeper bass without the extra body of the Duralumin which I don't want. Its my personal taste, and how it works in my system. The Bybee filters are exactly that, filters. They filter out some frequencies and give you an artificial focus, not unlike MIT and Transparent networks, I don't like that, as it comes at the cost of body and tonal depth. A lot of people like that focus and false clarity and image in their system, it might work for some types of music too, but not for me and not for classical music.

david

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Yes, I do like the Stainless Steel platter better, its a more articulate, detailed, deeper bass without the extra body of the Duralumin which I don't want. Its my personal taste, and how it works in my system. The Bybee filters are exactly that, filters. They filter out some frequencies and give you an artificial focus, not unlike MIT and Transparent networks, I don't like that, as it comes at the cost of body and tonal depth. A lot of people like that focus and false clarity and image in their system, it might work for some types of music too, but not for me and not for classical music.

david

Okay, that makes sense to me (Bybee Bullets). Thanks for sharing your experiences.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing