Echole AC/IC cables - initial findings

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Thanks to a loan from my local dealer, I am having the opportunity to try the Passion and Obsession line of power and interconnect cables from Echole. I had a full Sunday to start trying them (and still going to have some additional days to fully discover this products) but wanted to post here my initial findings:

1.- I really liked the power cables! A LOT! - comparing them to my reference cables (Siltech and Harmonix), the Echole cables brought a better sound stage recreation, a darker backstage, additional detail, transparency and dynamics - all that! - it is important to mention that I also installed a QB8 Nordost power strip at the same time, I will try it with my reference cable to really isolate the effect of the cables from the power bar.

2.- I liked the IC cables, but here my references (Audio Note and Siltech) were harder to beat, I found little improvements, particularly on additional (and real) body and pace.

I will post additional findings during the week, so far I can say that the Echole line of power ad IC cables are worth considering as top contenders for both implementations, for those with an itch for changing components, maybe here is a route to consider.

Reactions: CKKeung

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats! Yes, I have spoken with people who have their reference cable line and love them. In fact, I was advised by one person in particular to go for Echole if I was prepared to replace all my Purist audio (which he used to own) with Echole's top cable. Since I was not, he suggested I upgrade 1 PC to the PAD 25th silver PC which I have now done and love. That's me done...but I surely would look into Echole first before going all PAD next time. I have no regrets whatsoever, but I am very very intrigued about Echole based on such feedback from someone whose ears I trust.

Enjoy!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
As part of the trial test, I started to retire the Echole cables ( one at a time ) substituing with my Siltech/Audio note stock, I first retired on of the AC obsession from preamp to QB8 finding a tad less roundness and depth ( not a good thing ). This re- confirms the hypotesis that good AC cabling is at least as important as IC/Spkr cable selections. More later...

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
As part of the trial test, I started to retire the Echole cables ( one af a time ) substituing with my Siltech/Audio note stock, I first retired on of the AC obsession from preamp to QB8 finding a tad less roundness and depth ( not a good thing ). This re- confirms the hypotesis that good AC cabling is at least as important as IC/Spkr cable selections. More later...

great stuff...look forward to reading more...

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
As part of the trial test, I started to retire the Echole cables ( one at a time ) substituing with my Siltech/Audio note stock, I first retired on of the AC obsession from preamp to QB8 finding a tad less roundness and depth ( not a good thing ). This re- confirms the hypotesis that good AC cabling is at least as important as IC/Spkr cable selections. More later...

which Siltech model are you comparing the Echole to ? Used to run an Echole Obsession loom , very natural presentation with black backgrounds and smooth highs , thought their signal cables to perform better than the PC's .If O remember correctly , the PC's had their centre just below the mids with a stong bottom end. Have moved on since to the Stage3 ref line and very content . There is a similarity in materials used though, both the Echole and Stage3 use a combination of silver & palladium , with gold thrown into the mix for the Echole .

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
which Siltech model are you comparing the Echole to ? Used to run an Echole Obsession loom , very natural presentation with black backgrounds and smooth highs , thought their signal cables to perform better than the PC's .If O remember correctly , the PC's had their centre just below the mids with a stong bottom end. Have moved on since to the Stage3 ref line and very content . There is a similarity in materials used though, both the Echole and Stage3 use a combination of silver & palladium , with gold thrown into the mix for the Echole .

I am comparing the Echole Passion ICs with both Siltech FTM4 Gold and AudioNote shotgun custom-made pure silver IC, as for AC cables, I am comparing the Echole Obsession line with the SPX-30, SPX.50 and Harmonix TOTL cables.

I have found not only a strong bottom end but a more defined one, highs are crisp and a very natural midrange, they have it all for me.

arnies

May 10, 2010
Austin, TX
I am comparing the Echole Passion ICs with both Siltech FTM4 Gold and AudioNote shotgun custom-made pure silver IC, as for AC cables, I am comparing the Echole Obsession line with the SPX-30, SPX.50 and Harmonix TOTL cables.

I have found not only a strong bottom end but a more defined one, highs are crisp and a very natural midrange, they have it all for me.

Hi Flez007,

If you get a chance, you might want to give a listen to the Echole Signature line of cables to compare with the Passion and Obsession. I haven't heard the Passion but I did do the comparison of the Obsession to the Signature. Most recently I have done the comparison of the Signature to the new Omnia line.

Arnie

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Hi Flez007,

If you get a chance, you might want to give a listen to the Echole Signature line of cables to compare with the Passion and Obsession. I haven't heard the Passion but I did do the comparison of the Obsession to the Signature. Most recently I have done the comparison of the Signature to the new Omnia line.

Arnie

I definitely will arnies - AAMOF, I will have the Signature AC next weekend to try, so far it has been the best cable I have had in my system by a far margin.

arnies

May 10, 2010
Austin, TX
Hi Flez007,

That is good to learn that you will have a a chance to hear the Echole Signature AC. If you can also hear the Omnia PC for comparison with the Signature, I think you would find that very interesting to do. Have fun!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I had additional ears and cables from friends last night to compare,it was really fun and conclusive shootout - the full Echole set of AC and IC cable set killed, by a good margin, all other cable mix we tried, the AC comparison was more contundent considering they are from the Passion line. The Siltech came close adding some darkness to the presentation and some stand-outs from Black Portal cable.

i will shoot for the AC cables first and wait for the IC ones, keeping the Quantum QB8 as well!

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I had additional ears and cables from friends last night to compare,it was really fun and conclusive shootout - the full Echole set of AC and IC cable set killed, by a good margin, all other cable mix we tried, the AC comparison was more contundent considering they are from the Passion line. The Siltech came close adding some darkness to the presentation and some stand-outs from Black Portal cable.

i will shoot for the AC cables first and wait for the IC ones, keeping the Quantum QB8 as well!

Sounds great...I got great advice from Arnie about these, particularly since he is very familiar with my PAD PCs. Since I did not wish to 'start over' with PCs, I went with Arnie's advice and went for one 25th Anniversary PAD which turned out to be exactly what I hoped it would be for my system. But I also can say that if I did NOT have the PADs, I would surely look seriously at the Echoles from comments like yours, Arnies and a few others whose judgment I value.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I will get a pair of Obsession signature cables (AC) tonight for a try, my friend says those are way better than the Passion line (which are already great) - a long and fun night is ahead!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I will get a pair of Obsession signature cables (AC) tonight for a try, my friend says those are way better than the Passion line (which are already great) - a long and fun night is ahead!

fantastic!!! yes, i have heard 2 people/owner's who had great cables...moved to Echole and then moved up to Obsession have not looked back. Look forward to your thoughts...enjoy!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Just slept 5 hours!! This cables were transformtional in my system - with the spare Passion cable I had we tried different options and the power amp benfited the most. We had to change speaker placement a bit due to the extra energy and resolution obtained!

Now time for negotiation with the dealer (again) :)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just slept 5 hours!! This cables were transformtional in my system - with the spare Passion cable I had we tried different options and the power amp benfited the most. We had to change speaker placement a bit due to the extra energy and resolution obtained!

Awesome news! Congrats...let us know how it goes with the dealer...how many cables are you going for here?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Has anyone compared Ansuz cables?

arnies

May 10, 2010
Austin, TX

Hi Flez007,

That is wonderful that you are enjoying the Echole Signature cables. I use Echole cabling as well and they are wonderful. If you want to have some fun, ask your dealer to let you try an Echole Omnia power cord on your amp and compare that to the Echole Signature.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Flez007,

That is wonderful that you are enjoying the Echole Signature cables. I use Echole cabling as well and they are wonderful. If you want to have some fun, ask your dealer to let you try an Echole Omnia power cord on your amp and compare that to the Echole Signature.

Hey Arnie,

Great to see you...hope the mighty Arrakis is doing well. Are you now all Omnia/flagship level with Echole? BTW, the PAD 25th Anniversary flagship PC you helped me think thru has worked out extremely well on the CJ GAT...thanks again.

arnies

May 10, 2010
Austin, TX
Hey Arnie,

Great to see you...hope the mighty Arrakis is doing well. Are you now all Omnia/flagship level with Echole? BTW, the PAD 25th Anniversary flagship PC you helped me think thru has worked out extremely well on the CJ GAT...thanks again.

Hi Lloyd,

The "mighty" Arrakis are doing very well - they thank you for asking (as do I).

I am almost all Echole Omnia cabling now. I am just in the process of adding the Echole Omnia power cords to all 4 of my VTL Siegfried mono block amps as well as the external Arrakis crossover. I use Echole Signature power cords on my new TotalDAC D1-Twelve digital front end. All of the rest of my power cords, IC's and speaker cables are Echole Omnia.

I so so happy that you are enjoying the PAD 25th Anniversary power cord.

Arnie

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing