Best Integrated Amp for 7..2p?

tjwm338

Mar 16, 2014
Hi everyone,

Totally new here and this would be my 1st post.

Can I ask, in your opinion, what would be the best matching integrated amplifier (solid state preferred) that you have tried or heard with the 7.2p?

Let me know if you need any other infor and I would be glad to furnish it.

Thanks in advance, all.

Cheers.

tj

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
The G7.2p is a pretty benign load (unless you have the bass contour cranked all the way to the max) so any tube or solid-state amp over may be 60W would sound great. Integrated amps that I have heard recently perform really well with the Genesis stand-mounted loudspeakers are: Roksan Oxygene and the April Music Stello AI700. If you would consider tube (I know you said solid state preferred), then the Jadis I-35 (that's only 30W) was quite astonishing.

tjwm338

Mar 16, 2014
Hi Gary. Thanks for the reply. The Jadis I-35 sounds interesting. I may give it a listen.
Have you had any experience with McIntosh, Plinius or Burmester integrateds with the 7.2p? Or would they be overkill?
Thanks!

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Hi TJ, I do like the Burmester 101 integrated.

The G7.2p's would definitely be elevated depending on the quality of the up-stream electronics. I don't dumb-down the product just because it is lower-priced, so I will not say that any amplifier would be an over-kill. I used the Burmester 911 amp at a demo once with the G7.2c's.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
What about the ARC VSi60 for the 7.1f?

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I would also certainly put the Pass labs and Playback Designs in the mix as well.

tjwm338

Mar 16, 2014
Hi Gary, Johnny & Bruce,

Thank you for your suggestions. Would definitely check these interesting options out.

TJ

tjwm338

Mar 16, 2014
Hi Gary and everyone,

Have any of you tried the tube products from Shindo Laboratories wit the Genesis speakers?

If yes, would you be able to share your experience with the amps?

Thanks!

tj

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'd give the reverse hybrid KR Audio VA900 a try. They play very nicely with ribbons ;)

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Having recently changed some gear and then introduced the Marantz Reference PM-KI-Pearl Integrated with my Genesis G7.1's, I can say that this is an outstanding match. The Pearl drives the 7.1's easily, and after some playing around with the tone controls on the speakers (not the amp) I have found a wonderful balance suitable to my listening preference.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing