Can fuses do harm?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Without considering the efficacy of the cure cab we consider the wickedness?

Is there any downside to passing our precious audio signal through a gossamer thin wire designed to fail in milliseconds in rather dramatic fashion?
Any takers?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

Is there any downside to passing our precious audio signal through a gossamer thin wire designed to fail in milliseconds in rather dramatic fashion?
Any takers?

Not me.

zztop7

Member Sponsor
Dec 12, 2012
Edmonds, WA

Any takers?

Amplifiers like a very nice diet from the preamplifier.
Take away the food suddenly & you might get more DRAMA than you want.

zz.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Don Hills

Jun 20, 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
I think I've posted here before about my audiophile fuses. They consist of a fuse-sized slug of solid copper. No tiny bit of wire to strangle your audio...
:p

caesar

May 30, 2010
Gregadd, fuses harm sound. Period. Many folks I know would rather trade-off having a resistor blow than having a fuse in the path.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Gregadd, fuses harm sound. Period. Many folks I know would rather trade-off having a resistor blow than having a fuse in the path.
All those frequencies trying to get thru that single piece of wire. The congestion, the Horror. Spoken with my best Marlon from Apocalypse Now

Sunnyboy1956

Member Sponsor
Feb 22, 2014
New Delhi, India
Not sure what the gripe is : they improve the sound but cause harm or they cause harm and don't improve the sound. The permutations are endless especially if you never tried them. Hi Fi Tuning has done great things to my Wavacs so I am strictly a believer and torch bearer of the High End Fuse society.:D

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Fuses can be used in three different circuits in a component. They are the AC power supply, the DC power supply and the audio signal output, audiophiles tend to co-mingle these three very different functions.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing