Axpona 2014 - Members Attending? - Who's going?

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
I'll be there. Planning to bring some flacs on a USB stick, but if you have a copy of Anuoar Brahem "Astrounding Eyes of Rita" that would be brilliant.

I don't have that one.

BTW: My analog (LP) to digital ratio will probably be on the order of 10-to-1 or greater. I figure, if I have time to listen to digital, most manufacturers will have hundreds if not thousands of selections in those servers.

Dre

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
I don't have that one.

BTW: My analog (LP) to digital ratio will probably be on the order of 10-to-1 or greater. I figure, if I have time to listen to digital, most manufacturers will have hundreds if not thousands of selections in those servers.

Dre

Just bring plenty fine ECM recordings. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
Just bring plenty fine ECM recordings. Can't go wrong with any of them.

I tend to bring some known titles and a few great sounding "gems" that are less known... :)

I just have to choose from the stacks and keep within my "self-imposed" limit. I don't know if that limit has worked out yet but there is always the next show.

Dre

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Axpona 2014

I think I'm in for attending Axpona 2014 in Chicago this year.

Any WBF members planning to attend?

Looking forward to seeing/hearing any equipment?

Bringing music? Analog or Digital?

Dre

Am going only on Saturday, though, I will have a Stillpoints badge but will not be working. YEAH! So my daughter, son-in-law, and I have the whole day to peruse and schmooze. Been a long time since I've been able to just 'walk' a show and am really looking forward to it.

BTW, Stillpoints is showing with Shunyata so look us up! They will have the new Stillpoints Aperture.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I might attend as well, arranging some details to do so and help my friends at the Merrill/Sadurni/IPI room some time at Saturday.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I'll be there -- based in the Scaena room but bouncing around as well. Would love to meet some of you all.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I'll have a daily blog from the show on both Positive-Feedback's FB page or website.

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
I should be in or near Chicago by this time tomorrow. Looking forward to the show.

Now if I can just pick some LPs to take with me...

Dre

chrisr

Member Sponsor
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago area
I'll be there. Looking forward to hearing Brian's room; I thought it was one of the best rooms last year.

Just FYI, Hofbrauhaus near by...

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Anybody heard anything they particularly liked of didn't?

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
I enjoyed most of the show this year. It's smaller than RMAF so I managed to get to nearly all of the rooms that had analog sources. I had a couple hours (literally) Sunday to listen to a couple system with digital only sources after finishing my notes on analog.

I didn't see many WBF members except for Bruce, Nick, Brian, Ki, and Myles. Myles and I had breakfast together Friday morning and talked briefly several times during the show.

Looking forward to the next one: Newport, Munich, RMAF, CES? decisions decisions....

Dre

P.S. where the heck was mep!??

Last edited:

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
I left with more LPs than I came with.

Added 4 - 45 RPMs and a Weavers 33 RPM.
Axpona Haul.jpg

Dre

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I enjoyed most of the show this year. It's smaller than RMAF so I managed to get to nearly all of the rooms that had analog sources. I had a couple hours (literally) Sunday to listen to a couple system with digital only sources after finishing my notes on analog.

I didn't see many WBF members except for Bruce, Nick, Brian, Ki, and Myles. Myles and I had breakfast together Friday morning and talked briefly several times during the show.

Looking forward to the next one: Newport, Munich, RMAF, CES? decisions decisions....

Dre

Sorry Andre. All the gear I have bought lately has me tapped out for the here and now. Besides, my REF 5SE showed up last Wednesday and I really wanted to spend the weekend listening to my new combo of REF 75 and REF 5SE.

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Sorry Andre. All the gear I have bought lately has me tapped out for the here and now. Besides, my REF 5SE showed up last Wednesday and I really wanted to spend the weekend listening to my new combo of REF 75 and REF 5SE.

You bought the farm. No reason to rent the cow now.:D

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

How many hours now to break in? 500? :(

mep

Apr 20, 2010
How many hours now to break in? 500? :(

ARC says it will take 600 hours and I wasn't able to put 100 hours on the REF 5SE since last Wednesday night.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
ARC says it will take 600 hours (...)

And it is true. You are now reaching a dark phase when sound quality is diminishing and bass will become less defined.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Dre

Yes it was great meeting!!! Wished we had more time but we were both running around like chickens with our heads cut off to cover everything at the show. Plus I had the R2R Seminar on my mind too! Next time, we have to set some listening time aside one evening in Nick's room! :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing