Axpona 2014 - Members Attending? - Who's going?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Sorry Andre. All the gear I have bought lately has me tapped out for the here and now. Besides, my REF 5SE showed up last Wednesday and I really wanted to spend the weekend listening to my new combo of REF 75 and REF 5SE.

Was thinking of you while having dinner at Gibson's Friday night! :) Bring back any memories? Now that is a dessert that the Coneheads could be proud of. Actually we had eaten and drunk so much there was no room for dessert but the restaurant brought this chocolate banana creme cake out on the house. :) Love the expressions!

10314649_4100450166082_4602767854997005695_n (1).jpg

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I still have fond memories of the dinner we had at Gibson's last year. Great company and great food!

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Gibson's is classic Chicago. You should all try Gene & Georgetti's if ever back in Chi -- steaks as good as it gets and defines 'old school'. Used to be Sinatra's favorite place.

As a fellow owner, I think you will be happy with the 5SE btw

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Gibson's is classic Chicago. You should all try Gene & Georgetti's if ever back in Chi -- steaks as good as it gets and defines 'old school'. Used to be Sinatra's favorite place.

As a fellow owner, I think you will be happy with the 5SE btw

I sure hope so! So far, I'm pleased with both REF pieces. I'm very much looking forward to receiving my Nola KOs.

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
Yes it was great meeting!!! Wished we had more time but we were both running around like chickens with our heads cut off to cover everything at the show. Plus I had the R2R Seminar on my mind too! Next time, we have to set some listening time aside one evening in Nick's room! :)

That sounds like a good plan for the next time. Of course the hard part is executing it.

Thank goodness we weren't actual chickens because the blood trail would had been everywhere! :eek:

Dre

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing