Axpona 2014 - Members Attending? - Who's going?

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
I think I'm in for attending Axpona 2014 in Chicago this year.

Any WBF members planning to attend?

Looking forward to seeing/hearing any equipment?

Bringing music? Analog or Digital?

Dre

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Look for us in the Rosemont 4 room on the third floor.

A full listing of the equipment to be on demonstration is on our website home page near the bottom.

merrillaudio

Merrill Audio, Sadurni Acoustics and International Phonographic, Inc at Burton Room.

Will be there.
Burton room.

VERITAS Monoblocks
Staccato Horn Speakers
Reel to Reel Master Tape copies from International Phonographic Inc (played from his Reel player - see picture)
DSD cuts from Master tape, coutersy of High Definition Tape Transfers. (Meitner MA-1 DAC).

Jonathan's Tapedeck.jpg

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I'll be there and hosting on Saturday the reel to reel forum.

Our panelists (some may be familiar to WBF denizens) include:

Charlie King
Nick Doshi
Bruce Brown
Jonathan Horwich
Ki Choi

and maybe Volker Lange.

Should be a reel fun time for all!

Last edited:

TitaniumTroy

Jan 11, 2011
South Bend IN
I will be going for all three days of the show staying at the Westin, will be bringing a around a dozen CD's. PM if you would like to meet up, thanks.
Troy

Troy

caesar

May 30, 2010
Does anyone have a link to what will be available in each room? I can't seem to find it on the axpona.com site. Hard to get excited about the show if you don't know what will be displayed.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Does anyone have a link to what will be available in each room? I can't seem to find it on the axpona.com site. Hard to get excited about the show if you don't know what will be displayed.

Caesar are you planning to introduce yourself this year to members of WBF or will you continue to wear your cloak of invisibility as you did last year ;)

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
Caesar are you planning to introduce yourself this year to members of WBF or will you continue to wear your cloak of invisibility as you did last year ;)

Steve,
I know his identity, since he is in the area and has been over a few times, as he owns Sound Labs. I suspect he'll stop in our room. But out of respect for his privacy I'll not blow his cover ;)

Will you be attending?

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com

Caesar, if you'll divulge your identity here I'll be glad to post a link to the information you seek, or at least a good portion of it. It's a fair thing to ask.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Steve,
I know his identity, since he is in the area and has been over a few times, as he owns Sound Labs. I suspect he'll stop in our room. But out of respect for his privacy I'll not blow his cover ;)

Will you be attending?

Not that important to me Brian. I'll be there but wearing my Cloak of Invisibility. ;)

caesar

May 30, 2010

Hey Steve, this “invisibility” is not intentional. Your RMAF dinners are impossible for me to attend. My brother lives in Denver area, so the whole family goes to visit. After being away for most of the day at the show, with my wife and brother watching the kids, there is no chance I can also escape at night.

If I see a guy that looks like your avatar, I’ll say hello. If I recognize anyone else from WBF, I am more than happy to chat.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com
I'll be happy to quietly introduce you two if you're both in the room at the same time.

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
We have one week before AXPONA Chicago.

Any additional WBF members attending?

I need to start picking music to bring with me soon.

Dre

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
We have one week before AXPONA Chicago.

Any additional WBF members attending?

I need to start picking music to bring with me soon.

Dre

I'll be there. Planning to bring some flacs on a USB stick, but if you have a copy of Anuoar Brahem "Astrounding Eyes of Rita" that would be brilliant.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing