Very happy w/ the Shunyata Typhon addition for the Triton......

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Tima
Many thanks. This is most useful. I can't pretend to understand the science but the Typhon has taken an exquisite system a few notches higher. Let the good times roll...
Pradeep
Many of us don't understand the science of the Typhon. Words seem to have a different meaning here (than in science & engineering).

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Many of us don't understand the science of the Typhon. Words seem to have a different meaning here (than in science & engineering).

Reading the patent can be helpful to understanding the operation of the NICs in the HYDRA products.

I suppose calling it science, technology or voodoo is a matter of semantics. When viewed as a simple "black box" device, the TYPHON's fairly substantial performance can appear to be quite mysterious. It is not - try reading the patent, it is not that difficult to understand.

https://www.google.com/patents/US86...a=X&ei=TSEGVNzNHIXoggTn7IKYAw&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAg

musicargyle

Jan 28, 2013
Two Cyclops to service the amps. Very nice addition to the musicality & silky black backgrounds. So now I have entered a zone where the Triton/Typhon/Cyclops X2 are truly working in a synergy. Just lovely & deeply emotional. Bravo.

heickc

Nov 29, 2014
Reading the patent can be helpful to understanding the operation of the NICs in the HYDRA products.

I suppose calling it science, technology or voodoo is a matter of semantics. When viewed as a simple "black box" device, the TYPHON's fairly substantial performance can appear to be quite mysterious. It is not - try reading the patent, it is not that difficult to understand.

https://www.google.com/patents/US86...a=X&ei=TSEGVNzNHIXoggTn7IKYAw&ved=0CCkQ6AEwAg

Dear Caelin,

Is the below patent also referring to the Hybrid Zitron circuit in Sigma Digital to filter high frequency noise ?

https://www.google.com/patents/US71...a=X&ei=5G2PVMKPOcHlmAXfqoH4Cw&ved=0CDMQ6AEwAw

CanadianMaestro

Dec 17, 2014
Canada (surprise!)
I've owned Triton/Typhon for 2 years, very happy with them.

Question: Can a second power strip be plugged into Triton without losing out on SQ? I need a few extra outlets for secondary stuff like powered USB hub, turntable power, and a Rel T7 sub-bass speaker. Single 14awg power cord from strip to a Triton outlet. Have used Emotiva CMX-2 previously from Triton without any audible deterioration, but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I've owned Triton/Typhon for 2 years, very happy with them.

Question: Can a second power strip be plugged into Triton without losing out on SQ? I need a few extra outlets for secondary stuff like powered USB hub, turntable power, and a Rel T7 sub-bass speaker. Single 14awg power cord from strip to a Triton outlet. Have used Emotiva CMX-2 previously from Triton without any audible deterioration, but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to WBF

I would suggest you use the Venom Defender PS8 and there will be no change in SQ

CanadianMaestro

Dec 17, 2014
Canada (surprise!)
I tried the VD. Heard no difference in SQ. Sold it.
Will stick with Emotiva CMX-6 plugged to Triton. ;)

CanadianMaestro

Dec 17, 2014
Canada (surprise!)
I was concerned about a power strip (plugged into Triton) adding another junction and thereby possibly constraining dynamics.

CanadianMaestro

Dec 17, 2014
Canada (surprise!)
Good point. The Emotiva CMX-6 (6 outlets) has surge suppression and filters DC offset 9if there is any in the lines). Toyed with getting a PS8, but I don't settle for hamburger when I already have filet mignon (Trit/Typh).:p Seriously, space is cramped behind my shelf.

Cheers,

off to some music.....

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com

isquirrel

VIP/Donor
Sep 23, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
I have a Talos, but have ordered a Triton and Typhon (Was supposed to be here yesterday - its been delayed until the NY) - I ordered the ETRON Sigma HC to run from the wall into the Triton thinking that was best, then running 3 Alpha HC's to 2 x Woo Audio 234's & a Light Harmonic DaVinci, bit concerned that maybe I stuffed up and should have ordered a alpha digital for the DAC?

A56K1203.jpg

CanadianMaestro

Dec 17, 2014
Canada (surprise!)
I have a Talos, but have ordered a Triton and Typhon (Was supposed to be here yesterday - its been delayed until the NY) - I ordered the ETRON Sigma HC to run from the wall into the Triton thinking that was best, then running 3 Alpha HC's to 2 x Woo Audio 234's & a Light Harmonic DaVinci, bit concerned that maybe I stuffed up and should have ordered a alpha digital for the DAC?

View attachment 18242

I generally find an HC cord to be overkill on a DAC or on any source.

Alpha-digital on DAC, yes. :)

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
IMO, Law of Diminishing Returns. Better to $pend on music. After all, that's what it's all about, eh?

Wrong. I replaced my Alpha Digital on my Bryston BDP-1 with a Sigma Digital, and while it did not have the knock-me-over effect that I experienced when I replaced my Zitron Cobra with the Alpha Digital, it is a worthwhile upgrade. It is hard to describe, but now that the cable has adjusted to the system, the music is just more alive. Certainly the Alpha Digital is a great cable, but the Sigma really ups the game.

In so far as:

Better to $pend on music. After all, that's what it's all about, eh?

I have more music than I can listen to. Now it is about making the music sound it's best.

CanadianMaestro

Dec 17, 2014
Canada (surprise!)
It's all in the ear of the beholder. Nobody's "wrong". For me, a small 3% improvement ain't worth the cash.
My advice, since you "have too much music": Sell it. And buy the cables to get the "absolute sound". Whatever that is.

Enjoy the music -- I do.
Over and out.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
Thanks for the advice, but no thanks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing