Best power cord for DarTZeel?

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
First- have had the CTH-8550 in my rig for a month and I have never heard such good sound, period. Its not tube, but not SS. Just stunning, natural sound reproduction. i would casually say its in its own league :). It has slayed a host of great separates in my room fwiw.

I am using a WyWires Juice cord and was wondering if there was a decent upgrade for sane money- so no 3k power cord suggestions please! The Shunyata Alpha was one ive been reading about with all the positive WBF press.

Cheers,

KeithR

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Contact fatwyre AKA the Cable Company and audition to your hearts content.

GG

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Transparent Reference MM2. Good stuff. Kubala Sosna works too, Emotion or Elation.

alexandre

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
Talk to Jonathan Tinn.
Evolution Acoustics TRPC is a perfect match for the darTZeel.

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
Lessloss...A giant slayer...IMO

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Decided to go search for Kubala Sosna Emotion series after discussing with JTinn and folks. the right price range as well.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Not one Shunyata recommendation??

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Not one Shunyata recommendation??

Well, when I owned the Dartzeel combo I was very happy with Shunyata Anaconda Helix and an Hydra 8 ...

Last edited:

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I only made that comment based on the many pages of testimonials on WBF from proud and happy Shunyata converts who have seen/heard their systems attain playback quality levels they didn't think were possible. I currently don't own any Shunyata products so I can't be considered as a Shunyata proselytizer. Because I don't have any experience with Shunyata products, I also have no first hand information/experience on how good I think they are or aren't.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I only made that comment based on the many pages of testimonials on WBF from proud and happy Shunyata converts who have seen/heard their systems attain playback quality levels they didn't think were possible. I currently don't own any Shunyata products so I can't be considered as a Shunyata proselytizer. Because I don't have any experience with Shunyata products, I also have no first hand information/experience on how good I think they are or aren't.

As you now have ARC equipment I guess you will probably listen to Shunyata power cables and systems sometime in the near future. ;)

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Decided to go search for Kubala Sosna Emotion series after discussing with JTinn and folks. the right price range as well.

Good move. I have all KS Elation cables on my setup.

alexandre

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
The best in my experience by a large margin are Echole Obsession cords....

amiglick

Nov 4, 2014
Hi everybody.
Received my (second hand) Dartzeel NHB-108 2 days ago.
Sounds excellent right out the box.
I am looking for the right Power Cord.
Auditioned the KS Elation (recommended in this thread) , did not sound right in my setup.
I was searching in Audiogon forums and at ran into a similar thread.
At that thread they told - ask Mike Lavigne.
The rest of my system is : Speakers : PIEGA Coax 70.2, PRE: NAT Magnetic.
My other PC are : DAC+PRE: Stealth Dream V10.
Interconnects: RCA Stealth Sakra + Indra.
Any recommendations ?
Thanks.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Hi everybody.
Received my (second hand) Dartzeel NHB-108 2 days ago.
Sounds excellent right out the box.
I am looking for the right Power Cord.
Auditioned the KS Elation (recommended in this thread) , did not sound right in my setup.
I was searching in Audiogon forums and at ran into a similar thread.
At that thread they told - ask Mike Lavigne.
The rest of my system is : Speakers : PIEGA Coax 70.2, PRE: NAT Magnetic.
My other PC are : DAC+PRE: Stealth Dream V10.
Interconnects: RCA Stealth Sakra + Indra.
Any recommendations ?
Thanks.

Congrats- its a great amp!

WyWires Juice cords work really well with my CTH-8550 and aren't expensive. I tried both Emotion and Elation cables, but they weren't a great match with my Zu Definition speakers. Cables are very system dependent.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Can you describe in which way the KS Elation didn't sound right in your system? Or put another way, what differences are you looking for?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing